• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warrenr
    • Jul 2010
    • caloundra

warrenr

Wondering if anyone has cut the end off the DPF , removed the innards, and reassembled the unit. Visually it would still be legal, and could only be detected by exhaust gas analysis. This operation appears to be a simple fix. I look forward to your opinions before I attempt to operate.
    Regards Warren.

Comment

• placido
      • Dec 2009
      • NSW South Coast

High Temp sensor

Originally posted by Merts View Post
      I never thought it was a problem with the DPF. That was MMA's tech support's idea. A faulty sensor was my thought as well.

The dealer replaced the exhaust high temp sensor today, and then their laptop computer was happy to talk to the car's computer. They got the car to do a DPF regeneration and relearn. It's now out of 'limp home' mode and everything is operating normally.

The sensor was $299 including gst (ouch).

I'm guessing the sensor has been dodgy for a while, and this could be why the PDF light came on even though the DPF had been replaced with the race pipe. I will get the race pipe put back in asap (with instructions to be very careful with the temp sensor) and see what happens. Hopefully I will never see the DPF light again.....

I had DPF issues again a couple of weeks ago, towing a van up MT Barker in SA, long slow climb, check light went on near the top but no power loss, pulled over at the top and couldn't see anything obvious.

Refuelled at Keith, DPF light came on then turned off after 5 minutes, when approaching Horsham DPF light started flashing, still towing OK.
      Parked Van unhitched then it went into Limp mode. Mitsubishi Horsham very helpful, diagnosed High Temp sensor failure, ordered part from Melbourne.
      Two days later all fixed, sensor had shed its outer casing (wasn't replaced 2 years ago when DPF unit replaced, so possibly damaged during that fix.)

So Goodbye NS!!! Am going to replace it, two major issues in 2 and a bit years are enough!
      2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• placido
        • Dec 2009
        • NSW South Coast

Good dealership

Originally posted by placido View Post
        I had DPF issues again a couple of weeks ago, towing a van up MT Barker in SA, long slow climb, check light went on near the top but no power loss, pulled over at the top and couldn't see anything obvious.

Refuelled at Keith, DPF light came on then turned off after 5 minutes, when approaching Horsham DPF light started flashing, still towing OK.
        Parked Van unhitched then it went into Limp mode. Mitsubishi Horsham very helpful, diagnosed High Temp sensor failure, ordered part from Melbourne.
        Two days later all fixed, sensor had shed its outer casing (wasn't replaced 2 years ago when DPF unit replaced, so possibly damaged during that fix.)

So Goodbye NS!!! Am going to replace it, two major issues in 2 and a bit years are enough!
        Following on from this the Horsham Mitsubishi dealer made representation to Mitsubishi for a Goodwill refund for the repair.

Reveived the Cheque on Friday and am grateful to the guys in Horsham great job and good customer PR.
        2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• csimic
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Maitland

CRD from cost effective maintenance QLD

[QUOTE=SilverFox;321]As a new member and a new owner of a NS VRX Auto Diesel Pajero I was interested in some posts on the diesel particulate filter on your old forum and thought I would provide you with some feedback on my experience.

At 1200km my filter lamp came on (solid, not flashing), not knowing what it was I checked the manual. When I turned the motor back on the lamp was off. Called the dealer who said not to be concerned unless it comes back on and stays on.

End of May I made a trip over to Melbourne from Adelaide with no issues, however 2 weeks later the filter lamp was flashing and the warning lamp was on as well, this at 4313km. When switching the motor off it kept running for a few seconds before shutting down with a shudder. Down to the dealer who hooked it up to the computer to perform a ?burn off? and also to ?re-learn? the Paj?s computer. Was then told if it happened again I would need to take it for a 30minute run without stopping to complete a burn off (unbelievable, told him that I just came back from a Melb trip and could not understand why the filter would congest within a 2 week period) or I could bring it back to them to complete the burn off but it would cost me (shocked).

Not happy with that, I made some phone calls to other dealers, the general theme was as follows. The issue could be caused by a couple of things:
          1) Dirty Diesel fuel, apparently our Aussie diesel is dirtier than the European diesel.
          2) Dirty Oil, was advised to complete the 7500km service early to change the oil and oil filter as this may help, and quoted $270.00 for this.

One dealer advised this issue seemed to be in vehicles under 10000km, also said that when they performed a ?burn off? and also ?re-learned? the on board computer, these vehicles did not return and it seemed to fix the issue. The same dealer had an instance of this happening in a Paj that had done 300km.
          Other feedback from dealers was that this is an issue for MM, however they cannot pinpoint the cause.
          Not sure it helps much, but thought I would post.

If I was you I would try the get some CRD diesel treatment from www.costeffectivemaintance.com.au Brid Walker has developed this wonderful diesel treatment over 30 years and will no doubt send you out a sample if you ask. I would just purchase a $50 bottle you will love it. It makes the Pajero a different car to drive and you only use a small amount when filling up. Regards MH
          2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

• pasniny
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009

tried paid $100 bucks for it at the time few years ago waste of money referring to decarbonizer stuff not crd
            now i will have to try it

it was in the early days of my dpf and other paj troubles
            I have since got myself a mutt and the manual have not been to the dealer ever since.

now dpf binned cat coveter 3 inch in and out exhaust 3 inch i have trouble not going sideways

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

You need better rear brakes Yann.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

How much does a MUTT cost?
                NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Sydney

its never the cause of dirty diesel and if the dealer says it was "bad oil" it was the oil the MMA put in the car to begin with. Just dealers trying to get more money out of vehicle fitted with DPFs.
                  Robert
                  Chip Tuning

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact [email protected] for 10% forum discount
                  (NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• au_rick
                    • Apr 2015
                    • WA

NS 3.2 Manual

Have read few posts that seem to imply that only the auto's have a DPF, can anyone confirm that the 3.2 TD's with manual transmission do NOT have a DPF ?

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by au_rick View Post
                      Have read few posts that seem to imply that only the auto's have a DPF, can anyone confirm that the 3.2 TD's with manual transmission do NOT have a DPF ?
                      Correct. NS (auto) was the first model to "practice" the intro of the DPF. Manual Trans did not.
                      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• au_rick
                        • Apr 2015
                        • WA

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                        Correct. NS (auto) was the first model to "practice" the intro of the DPF. Manual Trans did not.
                        Thanks Rugga

Comment

• bigpete
                          • Sep 2011
                          • Walpole WA

I've, touch wood never had a DPF issue since I purchased the vehicle new in 2007, and 220,000 km, I regularly see it doing a burn on the Scan gauge around every 300km, always wondered if it's worth getting dealer to do manual burn when in for service, or let sleeping dogs lye

Not sure if it would give the DPF a good clean out, more than the auto program

Cheers Bigpete

Comment

• BruceNJ
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Alexandra

Just acquired an NS. after much looking about found one that had just had manifold cleaned after DPF issue at 198774km. also had it remapped etc. MM who did the work ended up charging $569. This doesn't seem like a lot? thoughts or history from other NS owners having had the clean done? hopefully no little DPF light appears while driving. Lovely car as an upgrade from an NJ though...although finding it hard to let go of the NJ...bigger shed?
                            2007 NS Exceed
                            1996 NJ 3500 GLS

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Sydney

What my concern is at that price is that they only removed the plate on the manifold and cleaned as much as they can.

You need to confirm that the WHOLE manifold was removed, separated into 3 peices, hot washed and or pressure cleaned and replaced. The pressure port and vacuum tube to the MAP sensor would also need to be cleaned.

Sydney Mitsubishi, whom I prefer in NSW and do all my work (Mitsu only stuff) do the FULL (CORRECT) job and charge just on $1000
                              Robert
                              Chip Tuning

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact [email protected] for 10% forum discount
                              (NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X