Clear All
  • Pajero_Pete
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Adelaide Hills

GLS - GLX ? Main Differences ?

Morning all,
    My 04 NP DiD Manual GLS is due for updating soon,
    ( why you ask ?? well I dont know really ? just to keep it low-ish km's I guess ?? 170,000. )
    Will be keen to invest in another Paj and I was wondering what are the major differences between the GLX & GLS models. ?
    I'll definately be going the diesel again.
    The main use for the car is to be used for it's correct use of course !
    ie My weekly drive round the hills, Towing the boat, the camper, the trailer, long distance touring, beach fishing, camping, and off-roading, nothing hard core but we like to play resonable hard and get home in one piece.
    The current Paj has a 2" lift, dual batteries, front bar and rhino racks so would be definately wanting these options again.

Wondering if I'm better off looking at a GLX to save some $$$ and fit out accordingly or just grab the GLS again ?
    What is main dif in the 2 models ?
    Or pro's and con's.
    Any advice much appreciated.
    Cheers Pete
    Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed
  • outbackswine
    • Apr 2009
    • Mount Isa - The Back Of Bumf*ck

These days the GLX comes with almost everything you used to get in the GLS.

Check the MMA website for exact details, but there is very little between the GLS and the GLX.

Sidesteps, indicators in mirrors, front fog lights, dual zone air, chrome grill and side/curtain airbags are a couple of differences that spring to mind.

Comment

• Pajero_Pete
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Adelaide Hills

Yeah I di see that,
      So really only cosmetic differences,
      And the price difference ??
      Cheers Pete
      Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed

Comment

• psproule
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Googong, NSW

No electric aerial, no tupperware on the sides, missing lumbar support, missing the compass display and not much else. We went from an NM GLS to an NP GLX and haven't noticed the difference really.
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• RoyHarvey
          • Mar 2008
          • Adelaide

Which model????

Just had a look at redbook prices:-

GL diesel auto......$52,290...alloy wheels being the only thing I think I would like additional!

GLX diesel auto......$57,290....got the alloys, but I'm not that taken with the other trinkets for the +$5k!

GLX petrol auto.....$55,290....at this price the diesel is a clear choice!

GLS diesel auto....$61,290...got the alloys, but I'm less taken with the other trinkets for the +$9k!

Exceed diesel auto.....$76,790...a nice round $24500 or 47% over the base model, now thats mega trinkets!!!
          2016 NX Pajero GLX
          Prev....2002 NM petrol passed on to SIL

Comment

• RobboPajero
            • Jan 2008

Yep, I went from an NP GLS to an NS GLX.... didn't miss any of the GLS
            gadgets/add-ons.....

Comment

• outbackswine
              • Apr 2009
              • Mount Isa - The Back Of Bumf*ck

Originally posted by psproule View Post
              No electric aerial, no tupperware on the sides, missing lumbar support, missing the compass display and not much else. We went from an NM GLS to an NP GLX and haven't noticed the difference really.
              NS GLX comes with plenty of door tupperware, and the compass and on glass antenna so no aerial to snap or for the motor to shit itself.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X