• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaz1
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Blue Mountains NSW

new shock absorbers

OK, at 200,000km I have decided the shocks might need replacing. I'm only looking for something standard, the Paj is not raised and nowadays is used only on roads where I can tow the caravan - ie not much corrugated gravel work. I might do rear airbags at the same time to help with heavy loads in the back when we go away.

I found this advert for Monroes, the price seems too good to be true and I would find it hard to resist, given my stinginess.

Has anyone dealt with this mob? Their name implies they are Suzuki people, not Pajero, so I'm feeling cautious about it, given the price which is at least 50% off normal, probably more.

Comments or suggestions welcomed.
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Don't waste your money. The website shows a shed with photo chopped signage.....Wouldn,t touch em with a ten foot pole..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• alexNpaul
      • Jan 2014
      • Perth

C.V. Joints (Aust) Pty Ltd Car Parts - Auburn, New South Wales, 2144, Business Owners - Is C.V. Joints (Aust) Pty Ltd in Auburn, NSW your business? Attract more customers by adding more content such as opening hours, logo and more - Yellow Pages® directory

Same mob. Read the reviews. Definitely would not be taking my car there!

Comment

• gaz1
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Blue Mountains NSW

Thanks Dicko and Alex'nPaul.......sounds pretty horrific. Glad I asked, and glad I got some wise advice!

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• binda
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2013
          • rocky

I've bought a set of balls joints of these guys. They haven't failed yet but I'll be keeping a close eye on them from here on out.

I buy all my gear from Allied Bearings when possible. They are a fairly reasonable bunch of blokes.
          04 NP DiD
          Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

• poohah
            • May 2017
            • australia

My 2 cents worth on that mob CV joints in Sydney

Absolute Boneheads, I was asked by Geoff to bring my car down and they will sort everything out, I asked if I should book it in, he replied, no problem just come down any time, so I decided to go in the morning and called to confirm i was coming, a nearly 2 hour drive.

I arrived and Geoff said it was bad timing as they were extremely busy in their work shop as it only had one car space and was usually used for experimenting.

Then Geoff put me onto his head mechanic ( some weird dodgy sounding name) who was in a set of overalls, we proceeded to go for a drive and the mechanic said, you need a new CV joint in the back..

We arrived back at the office and i said how much, he said , he wasn't sure which one and he would do one for around $300, then he said , you choose which side and if it isn't the right side too bad...
            At this point I lost it, I said, you are standing in a mechanics outfit in a business called CV joints and you are asking me who is not a mechanic to choose which CV joint to use..what a joke...avoid them like the plague

Comment

• gaz1
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Blue Mountains NSW

Just to finish off my own story, I fitted Lovells about 18 months ago, and am very happy....

Comment

• mineclearer
                • Oct 2009

Monroe Shocks

Blew a LH front one recently MMC original and replaced with Monroes from Monroe. Cannot fault them as most of my driving is bitumen.

Looking at a good quality set of Monroes for the rear in the next week

Comment

• GRMNP2004
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Brisbane

Shocks

My 5 cents worth (cant even find a 2c piece to show my son what they looked like)

I bought SACHS (german) front and rear and can't fault them

Comment

• Lance
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Melbourne

I haven't needed shocks for my Paj as yet, but hey, here's 2c for ya young fella

Send me a PM with your sons first name and postal address and I'll send him a real one
                    Attached Files
                    2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                    2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• pharb
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Tyers,Vic

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Front-R...51443345&rt=nc

Has anyone dealt with this mob? Their name implies they are Suzuki people, not Pajero, so I'm feeling cautious about it, given the price which is at least 50% off normal, probably more.
                      I have bought a few sets of shocks and cv joints off them. Mainly to keep some of our older cars going with parts as cheap as possible.

Only issue I had was a cv joint for a Laser. The one they supplied was different. They politely insisted it was correct. I supplied measurements and photos. They suggested the one I had received didn't match the dimensions of the one I should of recieved, even though correct part part number.

They sent a new one out and gave me an account number to book the freight to when I sent the incorrect one back.

I can't complain about that.

Peter
                      PCOV Member 1107.
                      Daily driver NX GLX
                      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                      Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                      Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Mik
                        • Nov 2011
                        • Sydney

I bought a CV for my NM Pajero and there was too much play in it. Compared with the factory CV their one just didn't feel right so I got my money back and had the factory one rebuilt.
                        2000 NM Pajero - Petrol. Bull Bar, 2" lift, dual battery, rear bar and other bits and pieces.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X