Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Product reviews and New releases

Product reviews and New releases Review of commercial products and latest accessories

Old 21-12-18

Sounds good! Don't forget to post up the results

That little Echo of yours REALLY wakes up with a muffler mod you loose the factory warranty if you do it though.
Old 23-12-18

Don't know about the muffler mod.....do tell
Old 24-12-18

There's lots & lots of stuff about it on line. All of my saws are done, except the one I just bought last week. I'll do that one after Christmas.

The results have to be seen to be believed!

But remember, if you choose to do it (and that is entirely up to you) your saw will be much louder, as well as cut much harder, and you will loose your warranty.
Old 08-01-19

cheers mate. I've seen a few vids and it looks simple enough.

That said I've been very happy with it as is and am a little concerned about the increase in the rev range.

Let me know what you think of it when you're done. I'd be keen to see what you think
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Well after reading this thread ages ago I finally bought myself one of those 18v Ozito X chainsaws yesterday and got to give it a crack today. With a new sharp chain it has exceeded my expectations! I was pruning a huge tree and cutting limbs up to 100mm so far and it's got plenty of power for what I need. I really bought it for camping duties but thought I'd see how it performs. Really happy. Ran for long enough on a single charge to do me for 2-3 nights away. Could always take my inverter to charge it from the car if I had to.
Thanks for the review Brett.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I purchased a Milwaukee battery chainsaw 2 weeks ago. Fired it up a couple of days ago to cut up a palm tree. Made mincemeat of it!. I bought the Milwaukee as I have had other Milwaukee tools for many years and never had one let me down. Solid, quality engineering that is a delight to use. Expensive to start with but pay for themselves in the long run. This saw makes my mates Husqvarna look dim. 2 x 12 amp batteries and a quick charge charger will live in the camper. Battery chainsaws (any make you can afford) are a very handy tool in any camper and saves carrying extra fuel and tools. Lot bloody lighter too! If you have a few battery operated tools at home then a chainsaw is worth looking at. They will have plenty of grunt for any camping trip.