Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 22-03-19

Default About Fuel Manager installation

Hi, my Fuel Manager Kit (pre filter) arrived and plan to install it with my new Provent Kit this weekend. I watched several youtube videos about installing the FM and confused about the following:

Do I purge the air from the factory filter by:
- pumping the button primer after all the hoses are installed? or
- removing the hose from the outlet of the factory filter and pump the button primer until I see air free stream of diesel before attaching the hose to the FM?
The instructions say the latter but the youtube I saw the installer did the former.
Old 22-03-19
Valued Member

This is the what i do it for the factory fileter. Install the hoses. Prime run the engine at idle for a few minutes. Then prime again the button should remain hard to press.

I run it at idle because any air trapped in the system between the filter and the pump can potentially stall the engine. Allowing it to idle means it will stall in a save spot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 22-03-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigried View Post
This is the what i do it for the factory fileter. Install the hoses. Prime run the engine at idle for a few minutes. Then prime again the button should remain hard to press.

I run it at idle because any air trapped in the system between the filter and the pump can potentially stall the engine. Allowing it to idle means it will stall in a save spot.
Thanks, do you mean while all hoses are installed then prime?
Old 24-08-19

Default second fuel filter

Did you ever find out dreamerman what to do ?
Old 24-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Did you ever find out dreamerman what to do ?
I successfully installed fuel filter and catch can a few months ago. I do not exactly remember step by step but I do remember following instructions very carefully. Sorry.