• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dansdaman
    • May 2019
    • sale

The Dreaded Flashing Light Syndrome

Hi all, I know this topic has been covered 100s of times but most of the ideas people have given I have tried and I’m just about to have a mental breakdown. Lol
    I have changed all 5 detection switches also the transmission position sensor and also the solenoids under the air box. Please HELP !
    I’m new to this and this is my first post so please be nice.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Dan.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry your first post couldn't have been something more exciting.

To really help you narrow down the problem, we'll need to know which lights flash, and when i.e. front lights / centre diff light / all lights? 2H or 4H or both? Do they ever stop flashing in any modes 2H / 4H / 4HLc / 4LLc, or is it non-stop flashing?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dansdaman
      • May 2019
      • sale

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry your first post couldn't have been something more exciting.

To really help you narrow down the problem, we'll need to know which lights flash, and when i.e. front lights / centre diff light / all lights? 2H or 4H or both? Do they ever stop flashing in any modes 2H / 4H / 4HLc / 4LLc, or is it non-stop flashing?
      Hi nj swb

When I start car in 2wd all four green lights flash then after driving for a while green lights go out and centre orange light starts flashing.
      Originally when I bought it she was stick in 4wh. I got under car and checked to see if I had vacuum at actuator which there was so I swapped hoses over and actuator moved inwards. Now she is in 2wd which is better at the moment cause it uses a little less in fuel. But I’m really dying to get off road but I can’t and it’s very frustrating.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by dansdaman View Post
        Hi nj swb

When I start car in 2wd all four green lights flash then after driving for a while green lights go out and centre orange light starts flashing.
        Originally when I bought it she was stick in 4wh. I got under car and checked to see if I had vacuum at actuator which there was so I swapped hoses over and actuator moved inwards. Now she is in 2wd which is better at the moment cause it uses a little less in fuel. But I’m really dying to get off road but I can’t and it’s very frustrating.
        OK, what happens if you select 4H with the ignition off, then start the car? What do the lights do?

What happens if you try to drive in 4H?
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X