Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

1994 3.0 v6 oil leak - front crankshaft seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrettNJ
    • Apr 2019
    • Woolgoolga

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
    It's literally because no one bothers buying them, because they don't achieve much at all in the way of sealing. Other engines you need a timing cover gasket, but that's if it has chain and needs to seal oil in. Surely this guy understands that it's the equivalent of keeping the front door of your house sealed-you want to keep dust out and that's all. You will achieve the same seal by just bolting it back together with the old one there in 99% of cases. Don't keep it off the road for the sake of some foam rubber. Are you sure about this guys credentials?

You might be lucky and get some in a top end rebuild kit. I've had that happen for other engines I've done. But seriously, keeping the car off the road for trying to find that.........
    no, I only know this backyard mech through a mutual friend. He quoted $300 to do the job, all other mechanics in my area quoted between $700-900 with a disclaimer that it might be more if there are "complications" .... I've been flat out so still no-one seems to be able to supply and this guy is very keen to have the seals before he'll touch the job. For all the headaches I'm wondering if I should have just started the job myself

Comment

• PajeroNL
      • Jun 2016
      • Clarem

My advice get a different mechanic or do it yourself without the gaskets.

Alternatively try this. https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...il-pan-7935364

If you get the MB part numbers sometimes you can search the part number and get lower cost elsewhere.

Note check this is the right model Paj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fuzz260z
        • Jun 2012
        • thirroul

My 3.0 NH had this exact leak when I bought it. I found it never got any worse. I was able to put 250 000km on the motor without changing it. Just had to keep my eye on the oil level.
        A little bit of oil under the motor usually looks worse then it is. degreasing for rego checks was less painful then a motor tare down.
        I did purchase a new seal your welcome to have it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X