• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swoffa
    • Mar 2016
    • Sydney

Updates/mods/tips for first service?

My PS is going in for the 1500km service this week - what changes and mods have other owners had done to improve the car?

I'm hoping to get the auto-locking door function deactivated, unless they can be made to unlock via any internal door handle. At the very least I'll have them set to unlock when the car is put in park as suggested in another thread.

What else should be done?

My list of other issues/faults to be addressed are:

Unuseable handsfree phone function due to echo
    Headlights angled at other car's mirrors
    Car vibrates at around 90kph+ and 1800rpm
    Air con is very noisy
    Podcasts played via CarPlay stop every 20-ish minutes (CarPlay not disconnecting completely)
    Occasionally the touch screen turns off for no reason, and sometimes the reverse camera turns on by itself
    Windscreen wipers come on at full speed when not raining for about 10 seconds then stop
    Auto-headlights too sensitive

I know some of those are petty, but they're an inconvenience to me and after a recent experience with a faulty Jeep I'll be sure to list all faults with the dealer now in case I have to go down a legal path again.
  • Jas2909
    • Feb 2016
    • Penrith NSW

I'd ask to switch the hands free audio to the drivers side speaker

Check DRL lights, my drivers side is just slightly dimmer than the other side

Comment

• Swoffa
      • Mar 2016
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
      I'd ask to switch the hands free audio to the drivers side speaker

Check DRL lights, my drivers side is just slightly dimmer than the other side
      What's DRL?

I've already had the handsfree speaker assigned to the driver's side, the issue seems to be with the mic and the lack of noise-cancelling. The person on the other end of the call can hear everything that's happening in the car, including the indicator and rain hitting the windscreen.

Comment

• Jas2909
        • Feb 2016
        • Penrith NSW

Originally posted by Swoffa View Post
        What's DRL?

I've already had the handsfree speaker assigned to the driver's side, the issue seems to be with the mic and the lack of noise-cancelling. The person on the other end of the call can hear everything that's happening in the car, including the indicator and rain hitting the windscreen.

Daytime running lights

Yeah hearing that is almost normal for BT hands free but if it is excessive then yeah that's not good

Comment

• Swoffa
          • Mar 2016
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
          Yeah hearing that is almost normal for BT hands free but if it is excessive then yeah that's not good
          Mine's far from normal, I've had 15+ cars in the past 18 months with BT handsfree and never had any issues with the others (Jeeps, Subarus, Toyotas, Nissans and Hyundais).
          I can't figure out why it's worse with CarPlay but I suspect my unit is faulty as it does a few weird things.

I'm not concerned about the faults with my car, I'll get them sorted out at the service tomorrow - the point of this thread was more to find out what others have done to fix the design flaws and improve the vehicle... I'll speak to the service guys tomorrow and see what they recommend and post any good ideas here.

Comment

• Swoffa
            • Mar 2016
            • Sydney

An update to this following my 1500km service yesterday;

The service centre confirmed that my handsfree kit is faulty and have submitted a case to MMA. Apparently it's common with other Mitsubishis and the amplifier is the cause of the problem.

The auto-locking door function has been disabled, as well as the doors being set to unlock when the car is put into "park".

The headlights were "nowhere near legal angle" apparently, which would have been an oversight in the factory... They've been manually adjusted to the correct angle.

The service centre couldn't legally get the car past 80km/h due to where they're located, but they did observe the vibration when test driving it, and confirmed that it will vibrate a lot more at higher speeds.
            They've lodged a case and will see what MMA have to say.

Apparently the air-con is supposed to be really noisy, it's a Mitsubishi thing... Nothing they can do about it.

Comment

• Jizza
              • May 2016
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Swoffa View Post
              An update to this following my 1500km service yesterday;

The service centre confirmed that my handsfree kit is faulty and have submitted a case to MMA. Apparently it's common with other Mitsubishis and the amplifier is the cause of the problem.

The auto-locking door function has been disabled, as well as the doors being set to unlock when the car is put into "park".

The headlights were "nowhere near legal angle" apparently, which would have been an oversight in the factory... They've been manually adjusted to the correct angle.

The service centre couldn't legally get the car past 80km/h due to where they're located, but they did observe the vibration when test driving it, and confirmed that it will vibrate a lot more at higher speeds.
              They've lodged a case and will see what MMA have to say.

Apparently the air-con is supposed to be really noisy, it's a Mitsubishi thing... Nothing they can do about it.
              Thanx for the feedback. Would be interesting to hear if others are experiencing similar issues, or if some of what you are experiencing is "normal", but that can always be a matter of interpretation too, what's normal to others might be strange to you and vice versa.

Would be good if you can get together with another forum member and go for a drive in each others vehicle and see if you notice the same issues.

Could be design specific, or vehicle specific, perhaps even a sly test drive or two at other dealers?

Comment

• Swoffa
                • Mar 2016
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Jizza View Post
                Thanx for the feedback. Would be interesting to hear if others are experiencing similar issues,
                That was my rationale for posting the update. I'm sure I'm not alone with the issues I'm having. They're mostly pretty minor but worth documenting to potentially assist others.

Originally posted by Jizza View Post
                Would be good if you can get together with another forum member and go for a drive in each others vehicle and see if you notice the same issues.

Could be design specific, or vehicle specific, perhaps even a sly test drive or two at other dealers?
                Good ideas, I might try to test drive another car if possible.
                If I'd noticed how loud the air-con was when I test drove a PS originally I may not have bought it.

Comment

• Cory
                  • Jun 2008

My air-con is virtually silent, and works well. The Challenger I traded was noisy and pretty inefficient - probably the worst in all the vehicles I have owned, but in my PS I have no complaints about noise or efficiency.

Comment

• sandgroper 123
                    • Dec 2015
                    • W.A

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                    My air-con is virtually silent, and works well. The Challenger I traded was noisy and pretty inefficient - probably the worst in all the vehicles I have owned, but in my PS I have no complaints about noise or efficiency.
                    You can certainly hear the compressor cut in on ours , but the engine speed pick up makes it sound worse .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X