• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Traveller43
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Perth, WA

On the Road

After 10 weeks since joining the forum and adding all the mods that are listed in my signature below we are on the road at last. (Well in a few hours)

The car and camper trailer are loaded and we just have to pack clothes, load them and then off to lunch with parents and kids then officially head off at 2pm this afternoon.

First stop Merredin. then Fraser Range Station, Eucla, Ceduna, Coober Pedy, William Creek, Marree, (side trip to ride the Cooper Creek Ferry), Arkaroola Village, Wilpena Pound, Eyre Peninsula (and lots of oysters) then home.

Back home for 24 hours and then off to Thailand to lie on a beach for a week.

Life is good. I'll post some travel notes and pics when we are back.

Thanks to everyone who has provided all the invaluable advice and guidance to me about recommended mods, gear and spares. It will all help make this a great and hopefully trouble free trip.

See you in 4 weeks.

Good 4WDing
    Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Have a safe trip John, Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading a trip report when you get back!
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
      Have a safe trip John, Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading a trip report when you get back!
      Cheers, Dan.
      x2. Have fun, be safe, and catch you on the return....

Shane.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• onallfour
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2010
        • Camden, Sydney

have a safe and happy journey john. post pics along the way to give us motivation to take holidays and see more of this great land of ours.
        Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• gorby
          • May 2011
          • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Have a safe journey John. Don't forget take lot's of pictures and let me know when you get back.
          Andy
          Back in a Mitsi
          2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
          Gone but not forgotten
          http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19115

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X