• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonic
    • Apr 2015
    • Adelaide

EGR delete > DPF question

I’ve finally bit the bullet and done the Egr delete - The kit that has the resister, blank plates and egr coolant tank removal pipe 😜

My question is , I’ve the 3.2 diesel with the DPF - will this eventually error the DPF ?
    Also is there any monitoring or anything to be aware of?
  • rgrubby
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2018
    • Wellington - NZ

I hope not. I don't presume to know the intricacies of both systems, and I did wonder if stopping the EGR would cause more particles to get caught in the DPF, but I think the EGR just lowers nitrogen dioxide which is to small for the DPF to catch.
    2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      I’ve finally bit the bullet and done the Egr delete - The kit that has the resister, blank plates and egr coolant tank removal pipe 😜

My question is , I’ve the 3.2 diesel with the DPF - will this eventually error the DPF ?
      Yes, if you dont have a hole in the blank plate or intend on drilling one in the throttle plate

Best way is to just run the resistor. When the dpf uses the throttle plate to control burns its able to draw the air it needs through egr, if it cant the MAP sensor will sense the low air pressure and spit a fault out.
      So dont remove the pipe unless you want to find out for yourself

The DPF system cannot be stopped unless it has a ecu flash. All though resistors can be used to make it less frequent
      NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• muzzy
        • Feb 2008
        • Sydney

Originally posted by Sonic View Post

I did this over a year ago no issues from it.
        No codes.

Comment

• muzzy
          • Feb 2008
          • Sydney

I did this over 2 years ago no issues though my dpf light came on 2 days ago.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X