Valued Member
    • Jul 2009

So are they replacing chains or tensioners

Comment

• strykr
      • Jun 2008
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by strykr View Post
      Just dropped mine off for the Recall now, see what happens today.

I didn't originally have mine booked for the recall, but to check timing chain noise, then the recall got released.
      Just got mine back, just the tensioner was replaced under the recall for mine.
      2008 NS 3.2 VRX

Comment

• smally
        • Oct 2013
        • Loveday SA

Originally posted by pasniny View Post
        So are they replacing chains or tensioners
        Every vehicle is getting a tensioner. Chains & guides only if inspection fails the checks.

Comment

• _jp_
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Adelaide Hills, SA

Can someone advise the process to replace the tensioner? I see it is accessible from the passenger side of the motor, but would like to know if it's just the 2 bolts, or if other parts need to be removed (rocker cover, timing cover, etc). I like to understand exactly what gets done on my car when it needs do be handled by someone other than myself.
          NW GLXR - SOLD
          --------------
          EVO 6 TME

Comment

• smally
            • Oct 2013
            • Loveday SA

Originally posted by _jp_ View Post
            Can someone advise the process to replace the tensioner? I see it is accessible from the passenger side of the motor, but would like to know if it's just the 2 bolts, or if other parts need to be removed (rocker cover, timing cover, etc). I like to understand exactly what gets done on my car when it needs do be handled by someone other than myself.
            You got it, pretty simple to change. The rocker cover will only be removed to inspect the guide condition if the tensioner has extended beyond its normal range.

Comment

• sheardy05
              • Oct 2014
              • Bendigo

Thanks Guys

I've got mine booked in on wednesday for the recall. Hopefully it gets all replaced.

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

• Goodsy
                Who ya gunna call....
                • Dec 2010
                • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                ECU Update mate
                Why do you want that. I'd get then to look at my timing chain but know thw update increases fuel eco.
                .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Bing
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • Currently QLD

Question: So if your timing chain has broken and you have spent $10K getting it fixed will Mitsubishi be liable to repay that money?
                  2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• mr_bosman
                    • Oct 2014
                    • Warrnambool

Heading away soon, booked mine in for the 25th Feb, Dealer new about the recall, and advised that the process is to inspect and decide if anything else needs to be done.
                    2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
                    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                      Question: So if your timing chain has broken and you have spent $10K getting it fixed will Mitsubishi be liable to repay that money?
                      Provided it had been serviced correctly, I would think you would have a good case to claim. The recall is an admission of a fault by Mitsi. Obviously many factors may come into play. A lot will depend on MMAL's view of the cause and what evidence is still available to prove the claim. It would have more chance of success where Mitsi inspected & did the repair as opposed to a non-Mitsi repair. I think there have been a few of these, so it will be interesting to see how they go.

The other issue which will only become clear over time is whether any cars which pass the current inspection & have the new tensioner fitted, go on to have timing chain issues in the future, either due to damage done by the old tensioner or if timing chain issues remain unresolved by the recall.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• spot01
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by mr_bosman View Post
                        Heading away soon, booked mine in for the 25th Feb, Dealer new about the recall, and advised that the process is to inspect and decide if anything else needs to be done.
                        My dealer advised yesterday that they inspect & if all OK they replace the tensioner (I think he said it takes about 1.3 hours). If they detect issues/damage, they inspect further and may need to do significant work.

I have booked mine in for mid March when my service is due & to give them a chance to practice on some before my car. He didn't think there was any urgency on a newish car like mine (20,000km).
                        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Boo Boo
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Kilsyth

I have mine booked in for the 24th of February and I asked today that if they have to replace the timing chain what would be the cost to adjust the tappets and clean the manifold.
                          They quoted me around $700 is this a fair price, also if they see a benefit for themselves they might be more inclined to replace the chain if it is borderline.
                          2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• Dion
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2010
                            • Brisbane

Rang my local dealer, still waiting on parts, booked in for mid March.

Straight off the bat they asked for it for 3 days.
                            2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Melbourne

Booked in for next week along with a few other minor bits and pieces to get looked at under warranty. They have just started on their first one today. Apparently they are getting heaps of calls already.
                              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• PBding
                                • May 2010
                                • Canberra

Mine was replaced today during a 22.5 k inter service which, as I mentioned before had been booked for a while. Was told that they've done three.
                                NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X