• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post

I was just able to download the document from the link in the first post.

OJ.

PDF document, same one i used when i brought Ultragauge.

Hats of to Marshall for info
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• RobMichelle
      • Jan 2021
      • Horsham

My ultra gauge for PS should show up any day so which instructions do I follow to set up trans temps please?
      Rob
      21 Nx Pajero,Arb bullbar, winch, catch can, prefilter,ultra gauge, uhf, hf radios,celfigo,long range tank,2imch OME lift, Toyo at2 tyres, third row seat removed, 2nd battery and stuff in the hole.
      AutoMatePro

21 Pajero Sport GLS, UltraGauge, third row seats removed,

Comment

• RobMichelle
        • Jan 2021
        • Horsham

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
        In the video (link) of auto-mate showing how effective it is at reducing the transmission temperature, I use the Ultra-Gauge to display the temperatures (Pipe and Pan oil temp).

One of the most common questions I get asked is how to setup an an OBD2 reader to monitor the transmission temperature.

Attached is an article I wrote that provides an understanding of why you should monitor the transmission oil temperature, plus a step by step guide for setting up two of the common OBDII solutions:
        1. UltraGauge MX
        2. ScanGaugeII

The article is applicable for the Mitsubishi Pajero (NS, NT, NW, NX), Challenger (PB and PC), and Triton (MN and MQ).

I'll also add Android Torque Pro instructions in the future.
        If anyone can confirm the details for the Pajero Sport - I'll add that too.

cheers Marshall
        Hi Marshall,
        is there a different instruction for setting up ultra gauge for 2021 QF Pajero Sport or just use the Aisin instructions?
        Rob
        21 Nx Pajero,Arb bullbar, winch, catch can, prefilter,ultra gauge, uhf, hf radios,celfigo,long range tank,2imch OME lift, Toyo at2 tyres, third row seat removed, 2nd battery and stuff in the hole.
        AutoMatePro

Comment

• Bacsisauto
          • Dec 2011
          • Craigieburn

In the video (link) of auto-mate showing how effective it is at reducing the transmission temperature, I use the Ultra-Gauge to display the temperatures (Pipe and Pan oil temp).

One of the most common questions I get asked is how to setup an an OBD2 reader to monitor the transmission temperature.

Attached is an article I wrote that provides an understanding of why you should monitor the transmission oil temperature, plus a step by step guide for setting up two of the common OBDII solutions:
          1. UltraGauge MX
          2. ScanGaugeII

The article is applicable for the Mitsubishi Pajero (NS, NT, NW, NX), Challenger (PB and PC), and Triton (MN and MQ).

I'll also add Android Torque Pro instructions in the future.
          If anyone can confirm the details for the Pajero Sport - I'll add that too.

cheers Marshall
          Thanks so much for the info. I purchased an Ultra-gauge a few months back for my 2010 DiD Pajero and could not for the life of me work out why my ATF was so high - above 100deg driving around town, no load, mid to high 20s day. I was noticing in the morning that my ATF and TRQ were easily 10deg above my Engine temp and intake temp. I wasn't until I went through this document that I noticed my M-Gauge setting for ATF had the JATCO transmission config data and not the AISIN. I've changed the M-Gauge settings and the ATF (set on Pipe Temp) is running and reporting temps like it should but my TRQ temp is still out. Can anyone please help out with the correct config data to adjust my M-Gauge settings for this. I did specify my order for a DiD model but I suspect I received a petrol engine instead. Will this affect my other settings and readings like engine temp etc?

Thank you.

Comment

• m_and_m
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2010
            • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I’ve passed on my data to UltraGauge as they do make mistakes when programming them for the Pajero’s.
            The guide has the info for both TC and Pan sensors. If you have an offset of +FFD8 (-40), it is incorrect for the AISIN transmission. Use FFCE (-50).
            2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
            2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
            Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by RobMichelle View Post

Hi Marshall,
              is there a different instruction for setting up ultra gauge for 2021 QF Pajero Sport or just use the Aisin instructions?
              Rob
              Try the AISIN settings. The AISIN in the Pajero DiD(NT-NX), Triton MQ and Triton MR all use -50 (FFCE) as the parameters and offset. I expect the Paj sport will be the same. If it is, let me know and I’ll update the instructions.
              You’ll know if you’ve got the right maths (offset) if the engine temp on the UltraGauge or ScanGauge pretty much matches the trans temps first thing in the morning when everything is cold.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• RobMichelle
                • Jan 2021
                • Horsham

Try the AISIN settings. The AISIN in the Pajero DiD(NT-NX), Triton MQ and Triton MR all use -50 (FFCE) as the parameters and offset. I expect the Paj sport will be the same. If it is, let me know and I’ll update the instructions.
                You’ll know if you’ve got the right maths (offset) if the engine temp on the UltraGauge or ScanGauge pretty much matches the trans temps first thing in the morning when everything is cold.
                I ended up doing that Marshall, it looks good il check gauges in the morning, and compare with the nx as well . Rob
                AutoMatePro

Comment

• RobMichelle
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Horsham

Click image for larger version

Name:	61F6CE38-CA49-4194-8A6F-DD96684E2D24.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	1127969

Hi Marshall
                  looks like using the Aisin settings works with the Sport
                  as well. Thanks again
                  Rob
                  AutoMatePro

Comment

• Bacsisauto
                    • Dec 2011
                    • Craigieburn

I’ve passed on my data to UltraGauge as they do make mistakes when programming them for the Pajero’s.
                    The guide has the info for both TC and Pan sensors. If you have an offset of +FFD8 (-40), it is incorrect for the AISIN transmission. Use FFCE (-50).
                    Thank you for the reply. Looking at the guide, I can only see Pipe or Pan temperature configurations on page 6 of the guide. I changed the existing M-Gauge setting I had for the TC to FFCE (it was FFD8) however looking at the guide it is the same as the Pan temp configuration. Am I missing something here? Excuse my ignorance, I am not overly auto savvy but is the Pipe Temp, Pan temp, and TC temp 3 different things? At the moment I still don't think I have a correct configuration for the TC for an AISIN transmission. Can you please clarify and direct me to the TC configuration as I am blind to being able to find it.

Thanks again.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Bacsisauto View Post

Thank you for the reply. Looking at the guide, I can only see Pipe or Pan temperature configurations on page 6 of the guide. I changed the existing M-Gauge setting I had for the TC to FFCE (it was FFD8) however looking at the guide it is the same as the Pan temp configuration. Am I missing something here? Excuse my ignorance, I am not overly auto savvy but is the Pipe Temp, Pan temp, and TC temp 3 different things? At the moment I still don't think I have a correct configuration for the TC for an AISIN transmission. Can you please clarify and direct me to the TC configuration as I am blind to being able to find it.

Thanks again.
                      The pan and pipe temps both have the same maths offset of -50 (FFCE).
                      The position of the Denison value in the message changes between the two sensors, so it’s another parameter (RPos) which is different between the two readings.
                      If you read the guide at the head of this thread carefully it explains the two sensors.
                      Look at the UltraGauge parameter setup screens really carefully and you’ll see one parameter (RPos) is different to the other.
                      cheers Marshall

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010

All - I have updated the head post with details for the Pajero Sport and MR Triton
                        Last edited by m_and_m; 12-04-23, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Maccaman194
                          • Feb 2009
                          • Maitland NSW

Hi Guys
                          I have just installed the Automate Pro, after finding that the transmission fluid in the Paj NX was burnt and black at 83000km. (no towing but some sand 4x4 work, not what I would call extreme conditions). Installation simple, about 3 hrs but I took a beer break.Excellent instructions, but I did refer to the You Tube video just to double check that I had the correct plug under the gear charge console.
                          Working great. I don't really like how long it stays in 3rd gear especially when sitting around 60km/hr, and might programme it for an earlier shift. Marshall, will that stuff anything else up, and will it change both profile 1 and 2, or will the programme change only affect one?
                          I have an Ultraguage Plus, but it does not show transmission temp. For those using the MX 1.4 Ultraguage, can you advise whether the normal inputs available on the Ultraguage plus are still accessible? eg EGR %, engine coolant temp, turbo boost, Cat converter temp, distance to empty etc? Considering best option to get the trannie temps. thanks
                          2017 NX Pajero. Lovells Bilsteins, other stuff

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Maccaman194 View Post
                            Hi Guys
                            Working great. I don't really like how long it stays in 3rd gear especially when sitting around 60km/hr, and might programme it for an earlier shift. Marshall, will that stuff anything else up, and will it change both profile 1 and 2, or will the programme change only affect one?
                            Any changes will only affect the memory (profile) selected at the time of adjusting the settings.
                            Your comment is one of the reasons auto-matePRO has two memories. When towing with a load, 3rd (locked) is the right gear at 55-60kph, but when unloaded and city driving, 4th (locked or unlocked) is more pleasant. So, use memory 1 when in the city, and memory 2 when towing or touring. By default the unit is delivered with memory 2 (towing) selected.
                            For the 1st couple of weeks I suggest you not adjust anything until you get a feel for it. It's normal to have it rev out a little more, because it now operating like a manual gearbox. If you aren't towing, just try memory 1. The defaults for Memory 1 has it locking from 3rd gear+, and the 2-3rd shift pattern is like factory. In memory 2 (towing) it locks from 2nd+ and it will wait until it's locked in 2nd before shifting to 3rd, which can be a noticable delay when not towing, but if towing this is the right behaviour.
                            A lot of thought has gone into this

Originally posted by Maccaman194 View Post
                            I have an Ultraguage Plus, but it does not show transmission temp. For those using the MX 1.4 Ultraguage, can you advise whether the normal inputs available on the Ultraguage plus are still accessible? eg EGR %, engine coolant temp, turbo boost, Cat converter temp, distance to empty etc? Considering best option to get the trannie temps. thanks
                            If you have an MX1.4 you need to program it to read the trans temp sensors. The guide is in the attachment of the very first post of this thread,.

Cheers,
                            Marshall

Comment

• Hubb1981
                              • Oct 2022
                              • South Australia

I've followed the steps in the first post, using a OBD2 Australia Dongle, connected to Torque Pro on my phone, I've setup custom Pids for and ATF-TC (2102, F-50) and ATF0-Pan (2102, G-50)

ATF-Pan started at 19 degrees, and climbed to 58
                              ATF-TC started at -50 and climbed to 36

Any ideas where I've gone wrong?, Car is a 2016 QE Pajero Sport.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230524_174314_Torque.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1130581

Comment

• Wazza999
                                • Jun 2018
                                • Canberra

They should start out the day with about the same temperature as the coolant. Maybe give deleting the ATF TC PID and re-entering the sensor parameters a try.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X