• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimred07
    • Oct 2017
    • Brisbane

2 sources

OK. I have resolved 2 door rattles.

1. internl door release lever cable rattles. to test, gently pull to engage the door mechanism - should stop it. dealer needs to tighten cables, interim fix for long trips is to wedge a pice to cloth in there to engage the mechanim but not open the door.

2. doo lock mechanism - this makes a rattle which sounds like its coming from the door and/or the B-Pillar. Temporary fix - lock the door. longterm fix - work in progress, thinking sound deadening.

Comment

• Keithyv
      Valued Member
      • May 2018
      • Perth

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
      Hi, what did you use to clean the surface before slapping-on the mat?
      Metho!
      2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
      MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• rath
        • Jan 2019
        • Warrawee, NSW

Originally posted by Jimred07 View Post
        2. doo lock mechanism - this makes a rattle which sounds like its coming from the door and/or the B-Pillar. Temporary fix - lock the door. longterm fix - work in progress, thinking sound deadening.
        I noticed rattle coming from the driver's door just after a couple of months. I lock the door and it goes away, but I think a long term fix will have to wait for the 1st service due in a few months from now.

If you figure out a long-term DIY fix, please do share

Comment

• Ozzz
          • May 2019
          • Brisbane

i find this guy did two videos about rattle

https://youtu.be/jTqVEie21Jo potential door rattle

https://youtu.be/01wTx9kym08 dash

My new paj with 1300km now starts developing some rattle, and i will tiny them up this weekend. start from screws and bolts.
          My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• dreamerman
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Sydney

I noticed that the rattle is muffled when I engage the door lock and one or twice eliminates the rattle for a few minutes. I think the rattle directly/indirectly originate from the rods behind the trim.
            03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Vicbitter
              • May 2016
              • Melbourne

The whole car has rattles and shakes.
              Infuriating to say the least, but have somewhat learned to live with it.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ozzz
                • May 2019
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
                I noticed that the rattle is muffled when I engage the door lock and one or twice eliminates the rattle for a few minutes. I think the rattle directly/indirectly originate from the rods behind the trim.

apply a foam along the rod will help to eliminate the rattle. each time I remove something and put it back, i feel more connection with my car.
                My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Keithyv
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2018
                  • Perth

Just swinging back to my original solution from a few months back, the rattles (both L & R front doors) have yet to come back, I forgot all about them until I re-discovered this post

2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                  MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Ozzz
                    • May 2019
                    • Brisbane

Hi Op, is the noise fixed? I have opened the door panel for about 10 times and glue, tape all over the place, but the noise is still strong. I will check it again during holidays.

edit. yesterday I was browsing other website, some members of that forum mentioned since paj had so many plastic parts. The noise only exist while cold start, once the car warm up, some noise will disappear. that happened to me, I was around town for 20 mins shopping, on the way home the noise from my driver side has significantly been reduced....
                    Last edited by Ozzz; 14-12-19, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Ozzz
                      • May 2019
                      • Brisbane

just an update for my door noise. I successfully eliminated that noise, it turned out to be the door lock. I slightly lifted the lock staple up a bit, so when the lock on the car door engaged, they can hold tighter. ( you can try to move the staple towards the car a bit as well but it didnt work for me)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X