• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoshF
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Brisbane

AirTech Snorkel Pics

I had the camera handy so I thought I might take a few shots of the snorkel installation. I also realised that my car is very dusty under the bonnet from Glendon Park (forum trip) and a Pradopoint (forum trip) drive out to Mt Mee so time for a gentle hose down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20090322 006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	988263

Name:	20090322 007.jpg
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	988264

Name:	20090322 008.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	988265

Name:	20090322 009.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	988266

Name:	20090322 010.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	988267
    NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
  • JoshF
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Brisbane

Last two

Name:	20090322 011.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	951953

Name:	20090322 012.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	951954
    NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• apsilon
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2008
      • Hills District NSW

FYI thumbnails don't work for me but the full size does.

Looks good but it certainly needs a wash.
      MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
      Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• icysyrup
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • USA

Ya thumbs dont work for some reason but the fullsize do. Looks good and if its dirty imo that just means you are using it and enjoying it.
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Dazza.
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Northern Territory

Bringing this one back to life after a good few months - does the snorkel affect your view at all?
          COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• JoshF
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Brisbane

Yes over the first few weeks it did seem strange as the pillar was wider so I had to look around it as it sticks out from the drivers side pillar an extra 2 -3 cm.

I hardly notice it now and I think no impact to my visibility as likemost things you just take it into consideration.

Comment

• jcd
              • Jan 2008
              • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Dazza. View Post
              Bringing this one back to life after a good few months - does the snorkel affect your view at all?
              As Josh said once you get over the initial feel that something is different it doesn't get in the way at all.

Bye Jeff.
              NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

• apsilon
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2008
                • Hills District NSW

Those of you that have them, did they take long to come into stock? Ordered one last weekend and just wondering.

Comment

• jcd
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Gold Coast

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
                  Those of you that have them, did they take long to come into stock? Ordered one last weekend and just wondering.
                  The snorkel was fine from memory, it would have been available in a few days but I got mine fitted with the Long range tank and that took about a month to arrive.

I'm not sure where they make the airtech snorkel but TJM's plant in Brisbane burned done the other day, so that may slow down deliveries a bit.

Bye Jeff.
                  NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

• apsilon
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • Hills District NSW

Originally posted by jcd View Post
                    I'm not sure where they make the airtech snorkel but TJM's plant in Brisbane burned done the other day, so that may slow down deliveries a bit.
                    Bugger. Hope no one was hurt. It'll be a week tomorrow since I ordered it so looks like I should either have had it by now or I'm in for a wait.

EDIT: picked up my snorkel this morning so 2 weeks from the time I ordered it. Not bad considering they had a fire etc.
                    Last edited by apsilon; 31-10-09, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• apsilon
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • Hills District NSW

Quick note for owners of the TJM snorkel. There's a note in the instructions saying that you need to remove the air hose between the engine and airbox and seal it with silicone or similar to ensure water tightness. This isn't a step in the instructions so I wouldn't be surprised if some places didn't do it so might be worth checking your install.

Any interest in pics of the components before install?

Comment

• JoshF
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
                        When I had mine done I called the local TJM store and booked in it for 5 days later and they were ready to go and installed it as planned.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X