• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheTaipan
    Banned
    • Jan 2009
    • sydney

Recall.

Lookss like Toyota are doing the right thing.

How about it MM.

Sorry, but the page you were looking for cannot be found.
  • Turtleman
    • Aug 2012
    • Perth

Yes airbag recall needed on all Triton and Challengers

And recall on overheating issue seems to be a lot of them doing this from the 2010 2011 Triton and challenger

Comment

• coughy
      Valued Member
      • May 2014
      • Redlands Brisbane QLD

yer well on the trition forums there is a letter coming out soon on a recall for trition and challenger for a over heating problems and should see letter from mma soon about it keep an eye out in the mail lads as it is a motor replacment if it is your car.
      as the machining wasnt done correctly when motor was made,\mmm very interesting lets see what they do...
      My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
      New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• Gen3
        • Nov 2011
        • penrith , NSW

the company that made the clock spring assembly for Toyota is probably the same used for Mitsubishi , so no surprises there.

Comment

• TheTaipan
          Banned
          • Jan 2009
          • sydney

Originally posted by Gen3 View Post
          the company that made the clock spring assembly for Toyota is probably the same used for Mitsubishi , so no surprises there.

Probably is the same company that make the clock springs but it is the wiring loom that is the problem and being replaced on the Challengers.

Comment

• CC2005
            • Sep 2011
            • Mornington Peninsula

Originally posted by coughy View Post
            yer well on the trition forums there is a letter coming out soon on a recall for trition and challenger for a over heating problems and should see letter from mma soon about it keep an eye out in the mail lads as it is a motor replacment if it is your car.
            as the machining wasnt done correctly when motor was made,\mmm very interesting lets see what they do...

Upon presenting my PB MY11 Challenger at the dealer to be serviced, they informed me that they would need my car for the entire day as it needed to be checked for a possible overheating problem. They stated if it failed the series of tests the motor would have to be replaced. Just as they were going to commence with the test, MMA informed them the dealer that the test procedures had changed and subsequently I would have to bring my vehicle back on another day to be checked. I am now awaiting the letter in the mail. Obviously the issue has now become extensive.

I'm curious to see what the range extent of affected vehicle might be.
            PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• unknown
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
              Probably is the same company that make the clock springs but it is the wiring loom that is the problem and being replaced on the Challengers.
              My Clock spring was replaced as faulty and waiting for wiring loom

Comment

• tilly
                • Apr 2012
                • Bundaberg

Air Bag Loom

My loom has finally arrived two weeks before I was due to have it fitted.
                Wed is the big day so hopefully this fixes it for good.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X