• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonee
    • Jun 2019
    • Queensland

Steering clack in full lock

Hi guys,

I've been getting a few clacks when the steering is under load as I'm turning out of a parking space or driveway. It clacks as the steering goes into full lock.

Once it goes past the clacking points sometimes the steering does not automatically return to neutral as quick as it's supposed, I'd have to manually turn it back to the middle.

I don't think it's the CVs as its only a few clacks rather constant. Could it be the tie end rod and sway Bar Link ball joints?

Thanks!!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Incorrect castor angle and worn or out of alignment tie rod ends. Binding steering rack or column and worn out ball joints can all be a cause.

On my ns it was alignment issues

Have a look under the car at the steering boots. Mine had split but i was lucky and caught it early, with almost zero build up of grit etc.
    Cleaned and regreased steering rack, new boots and 4w alignment fixed it. My alignment was slightly out before i replaced the boots . So i had the occasional manual recentering of the steering wheel required. After installing the new boots the centering was bias (extremely light) to left turns (from memory). After alignment it is spot on with no return to centre issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X