X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powerslave
    • Aug 2010
    • Brisbane

Thanks martin , I am at my wits end with this car. I accidentally smashed the crank angle sensor (due to stupidity , fatigue & lack of light) with a nylon hammer whilst trying to remove the sprocket. Stupid thing is , I actually had it removed the day before so I would not damage it , but no , the next day , I thought I'd have one more shot at getting the sprocket off... DOH !!!

I have ordered one for a 3.5l 24v SOHC magna in the hope that the sensor will be the same. Hope I'm right as I'm going camping in this car in 2 weeks !!!

I have now decided that the front crank seal can stay where it is (it's not leaking anyway).
    2009 NT DiD GLX AUTO , Safety pack & MM RDL WITH TC OVERRIDE, ultimate suspension 2in lift, Maxxis Bighorns, Full Bushskinz body armour, Engine Guardian EG3, ICOM ICF2010 high power UHF, Jonny Tig Intercooler

Comment

• 91Tourer
      • Jun 2010
      • Hunter Valley,NSW

Hi powerslave, Ihave not long replaced my engine with a reco motor less harmonic balancer and fly wheel and clutch, my engine is the 3ltr V6 and i used a pulley puller to remove the harmonic balancer(crankshaft sproket).The puller can be bought from supercheap auto, auto one or any store of that type. I bought the mid range puller with the 3 fingers that open to 125mm and is reversible for $50. Hope it helps
      NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

• powerslave
        • Aug 2010
        • Brisbane

91Tourer , the 3.5 SOHC is a bit different in the fact it has the crank angle sensor butted up hard between the crankcase and the crank sprocket. You simply cannot get a puller in behind the sprocket to remove it. That's why mitsubishi recommend drilling 2 holes into the sprocket to use the puller. Sad part is , I can't even fit a drill in there to drill the damn holes in the first place. Cheers anyway for the advice.
        2009 NT DiD GLX AUTO , Safety pack & MM RDL WITH TC OVERRIDE, ultimate suspension 2in lift, Maxxis Bighorns, Full Bushskinz body armour, Engine Guardian EG3, ICOM ICF2010 high power UHF, Jonny Tig Intercooler

Comment

• 91Tourer
          • Jun 2010
          • Hunter Valley,NSW

Maybe removale of the radiator to fit the drill in......?
          NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

• powerslave
            • Aug 2010
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by 91Tourer View Post
            Maybe removale of the radiator to fit the drill in......?
            I have , still not enough room without removing aircon condesor.

Good news is I have found a compatible crank angle sensor for less than half the cost of the genuine mits part , and it's a genuine part ! It just has shorter leads cause it's from a magna , but that's easy fixed. ahh.... light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

• martin7
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • High Wycombe W.A.

bugger I should have told you that the crank gear i have also has the crank angle sensor with it came off a 3.5 motor i used for parts that had 126000km on it. both parts like new.
              95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X