• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhula
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • South of Perth

[WA]Preston Beach

Wondering if anyone has been along Tims Thickett, White Hill, Preston Beach in the last week or so since the big rains etc.
    We are going down tomorrow with some friends who are new to 4wd (in a Jeep ) and wondered if the beach is passable from White Hill road --> Preston Beach. Going by some of the changes at our local beaches I'm thinking that it may not be.
    Called the Rangers but they couldn't help as they haven't been out there in a few weeks.
    Any info would be great, but we're still going if noone knows.
    2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
    2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.
  • Hazpet
    • May 2014
    • Mandurah

White Hills

I was on White Hills beach on the Anzac Day long weekend.. White Hills Road was quite good and the beach ok. Didn't go right through to Preston but I didn't see anything to suggest you couldn't. Matter of fact it was like Hay St on a Saturday morning. I don't see that Tims Thicket would be any different.
    2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

Thanks for the info Hazpet.

Went down today and the beach is passible from WhiteHill --> Preston.
      It gets a little narrow in a couple of places that puts one car very close to the waterline as they pass in opposite directions but if care is taken and politeness used, all is fine. The entrance/exit at While Hill road is fairly chopped up making for a slow drive for a while due to smallish woop-de-doos unless you are one of those people that likes to blast through that kind of stuff but all in all a easy trip.
      The mrs was driving and had one small pho-pa when she tried to swap wheel tracks to give some more room to a passing Prado and lost momentum causing the Paj to dig in a bit and stop. Easy fixed by reversing a couple of feet and off we went on our merry way again.
      Hearing you about the amount of cars on the beach, it was packed like a can of sardines today. A couple of knuckleheads (not the H-D kind) driving along the beach like twats but for the most part all were just enjoying the day and the beach
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dhula; 09-05-16, 02:44 AM.
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.

Comment

• Mitch-WA-
        • Sep 2012
        • Perth

Hey mate, sounds like a good day trip. Where exactly is it?

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Mitch-WA- View Post
          Hey mate, sounds like a good day trip. Where exactly is it?

Head South of Mandurah on the Old Coast Rd and hang a right into White Hills Rd.

Attached Files
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• dhula
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • South of Perth

Click here for almost the beach end of White Hill Rd using Google maps

Click here
            for the same place using Here maps

Almost at the beach end of WH Rd there is a small area to pull up and let your tyres down before hitting the beach. I usually go down to 20psi and don't have trouble but I drive like a nanna on the beach.

You'll be able to pump up your tyres at the Preston Beach carpark when you get to the other end.

Comment

• Mitch-WA-
              • Sep 2012
              • Perth

Thanks mate, champion. I'll try head out there soon for a day trip.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X