• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenno
    • Feb 2009
    • Melbourne

3 inch King Brown Pacemaker system - update

Hi Gus and all,
    The system has now settled down and the "stink" has all but gone so back to the usual diesel pong. The note at idle is deep and pleasant without been obtrusive and the turbo spools up so much quicker. Cruising noise levels are about the same (maybe a slight increase) so next step is to check for any economy improvements which may be small as you tend to use the extra performance available. The wife feels that the vehicle is now more responsive which is a positive condsidering the outlay. Will take some happy snaps of the install over the weekend and will post asap.
    Glenno

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

Yeah, ours had the same smell - goes after a while.

Don't they sound nicer?

A worthwhile addition, esp if you tow a lot.

Cheers,
      Sally
      SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Phil
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2008
        • Sydney

I liked how my turbo came back after the muddies went on
        MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• billwatt
          • Jul 2007
          • Queanbeyan

Hi Gus,

It looks like you have aux tank, how easy did the fitting go with the tank? did it cause any problems?
          Bill W
          21st Anniversary DID, ARB Sahara Bull Bar, Ironman 12000lb Winch, Dual Batteries, 80Ltr Aux Tank, Icom IC4000pro UHF, Roof Console, King Springs and Billsteins, Cargo Barrier, Drawes,Snorkel, DP Chip, Garmin GPS76. 50 Ltr Waeco Fridge.

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Just have to let them know what Tank & they make sure that section will clear the sub tank.. mines a Brown Davis 70ltr..

Gus.
            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Whiteknuckle
              • Apr 2014
              • Wagga

Hey GUS,

how is the exhaust going? did you get a tune as well? And lastly is the pipe from the turbo (forgot what its called) ceramic coated?

Thanks,

WK

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Hi WK the system is from turbo back all aluminised steel, the section from turbo "Dump pipe"..

The exhaust is performing great no complaints doesn't drone in the cabin & has a nice note.. If your asking if I've dyno tuned, I haven't..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Whiteknuckle
                  • Apr 2014
                  • Wagga

thanks for the quick reply Gus,

Mate Im looking at an exhaust for my first major mod, and a chip tune. But know nothing about what I should be looking at.

Ive seen other manufacturers have a few things and I wonder if they are good options or gimmicks.
                  - Ceramic coated dump pipe, reduces under bonnet heat.
                  - flanges for joints, less resistance at joints.
                  - 4 bolt joints, stronger joits.
                  - Aluminised mid steel or stainless steel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

WK

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

By going a 3" system in itself will run cooler than the stock..

My point being the stock system has lasted near on 11 years yes I'd replaced the muffler & removed parts but it lasted..

This system is better made than the stock in my opinion if that answers your question

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Daz609
                      • Mar 2014
                      • Darwin

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am. Currently looking for a 3" exhaust, have seen the X force system with 100cell cat and hi flow muffler.

Was wondering if any anyone has one of these? I tried searching bu had no luck.

I also have a Auxilary tank so was wondering if there are problems with clearance?

Thanks Darren

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

It may well interfere with the tail section I'd let them know the brand of tank.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • Traralgon. Vic

Hi all,

since replacing exhaust I noticed a little more diesel smoke & smell & decided to s/w from the safari D'tronic chip to a DP Chip, (factory set for 3" system), result so far has been smell & smoke gone & smoother idle.

Fuel economy to my surprise hasn't really changed but I haven't done any long trips either, (heading to Brissy in Sept again so will record consumption).

Very happy with exhaust & should have done it earlier!

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Travis73
                            Respected Member who is going grey .......at the sides.
                            • May 2014
                            • Eaton, WA

I just got a Beaudesert 2 3/4".Aluminised steel, Turbo back, 200 cell Cat. Staino tip.
                            Sent from the factory in Qld. to south of Perth for about $1300.
                            Fitted beautiful. Really happy with it.
                            Have only driven from the workshop home so far, promising so far...
                            2010 NT Platinum 3.2 DiD Auto, MM Alloy Bullbar, Lovell 2"/Bilstiens/Polyairs , 265/70/17 Pirelli ATR's, Airtek Snorkel, Beaudesert Turbo back 2 3/4", ECU tweak by Maximum Motorsport (Kewdale). Paddle shift and Lock up Mate. ARB Long Range Tank.
                            2005 22" Paramount Delta...

Comment

• thomson_1
                              • Mar 2010
                              • South Australia

Is there a increase of the sound of the turbo spooling up with these larger exhausts? I remember on my old NL GLS (good bus that one) I couldn't hear it until after market exhaust was fitted.

Comment

• pt3021
                                • Feb 2012
                                • hervey bay QLD

Hey Travis any update on the Beaudesert Exhaust as i am looking at one also.

Regards Steve
                                NT GLX DID AUTO. 2'' HD Lovells Bilsteins Polyairs, Whiteline Swaybars Prodigy3 ,Dual Battery Redarc Isolator ,Ultraguage ,Eazlift WDH.AirtechSnorkel,No Limits Chip,Clearview Mirrors,Donaldson Fuel Filter.Abr Battery Monitor,Oricom UHF,Arb steel bullbar,Arb 9000xs Driving Lights,Homemade Rear Shelf with Waeco Fridge Slide,Anderson Plug, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard ORU 12000lb Dyneema Winch,2.75 IN Beaudesert exh,SPV MK3

Towing 22FT IMPERIAL CHATEAU

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X