• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by awill4wd View Post
    Gus, when you next see Jenene it may be worth making her aware of issues with replacing the Cat on NS models just in case she is thinking of developing an exhaust system for the NS.
    Both Goodsy and Pasniny have found replacing/deleting the factory Cat creates many problems regarding the way the pre and post Cat temp senders work.
    Regards Andrew.
    Good feed back Andrew I'll ask the question & also make sure Jenene is aware of the issue with the NS..

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by awill4wd View Post
      Gus, when you next see Jenene it may be worth making her aware of issues with replacing the Cat on NS models just in case she is thinking of developing an exhaust system for the NS.
      Both Goodsy and Pasniny have found replacing/deleting the factory Cat creates many problems regarding the way the pre and post Cat temp senders work.
      Regards Andrew.
      Originally posted by Gus View Post
      Good feed back Andrew I'll ask the question & also make sure Jenene is aware of the issue with the NS..

Gus.
      Quick reply Andrew:

Hi Gus

"Yes we know all about this issue in regards to the cat we are testing a 400 cell cat as the 200cell flow’s to much. We are going through R&D at the moment but will not be finished to at least next year. The models affected are any pajero with a (wet) dpf. Dry dpf models are fine".

So I would suggest all those that have had issues keep an eye on this thread & as soon as we have been advised of the issue being resolved I will let you know.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Silver Streak
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide. South Aust.

Hi Gus, as with any full flow exhaust system, apart from the performance improvements, what about the exhaust note out the back?? I don't think you mentioned that?
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
          Hi Gus, as with any full flow exhaust system, apart from the performance improvements, what about the exhaust note out the back?? I don't think you mentioned that?
          Have a listen HERE Yep I'm grinning

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• grhyso
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Perth

Sounds like a diesel?
            Last edited by Gus; 21-10-13, 05:13 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link & edited due to deletion of post bringing it to my attention. Thanks guys.
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
              Sounds like a diesel?

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Ranger J
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Perth, Western Australia

Could have got the other half to stand there with the camera while you gave it some boot and covered her in soot!
                NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Gus
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Traralgon. Vic

When I get a chance I'll record another I was by myself 🍺

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

Ok A little bit of right foot...

This better?

Listen HERE

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Uncle Fester
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Boambee East NSW

Does it still have turbo lag down low or is straight into the power?
                      NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

Mine didn't suffer turbo lag prior to fitting Uncle F..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Glenno
                          • Feb 2009
                          • Melbourne

3inch King Brown Pacvemaker system

Gus, Just had a 3inch King Brown system installed on the NP 3.2 diesel which has just clocked up 205k. Performance Exhausts in Vermont fitted it and I expected a small increase in performance but in reality was far greater than I expected. The turbo spools up quickly and the engine is far more responsive across mid range and when overtaking. Kick down response is much improved now. Noise levels at idle are increased however almost at normal levels when crusing. On the downside a 100 cell catalytic converter was fitted however I am not convinced that this is sufficient as the vehcile now STINKS of hot diesel exhaust ! Maybe it will take a while to bed in but at the moment the diesel and new paint stench is not pleasant (just don't drive with the windows down). The installation was first rate and next test is to evaluate any fuel consumption .Will post some images later when I get time.
                          Glenno

Comment

• Silver Streak
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2010
                            • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                            This better?

Listen HERE

Gus.
                            Not too bad Gus. Although I must admit, I'm not sure how mine sounds out the back. A bit of a fart I would imagine. I'll have to set my camera on a tripod maybe??
                            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                            Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Gus
                              Administrator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Glenno View Post
                              Gus, Just had a 3inch King Brown system installed on the NP 3.2 diesel....
                              Glenno
                              Keep us informed Glenno, must say you can smell mine at the back but that's it wouldn't go as far as saying it stinks.. I haven't had any comments either.. So as you say may well be the 100 Cell cat is just not enough..

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
                              Not too bad Gus. Although I must admit, I'm not sure how mine sounds out the back. A bit of a fart I would imagine. I'll have to set my camera on a tripod maybe??
                              You have a Paj mate not a Pootrol.. (Sorry in advance to any Patrol owners ).

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                                Administrator
                                • Mar 2008
                                • Traralgon. Vic

Fuel economy

Have to say I'm impressed with the economy since the new exhaust went on..
                                Seen I had to pick my daughter & grandson up from Avalon airport last night I filled the Pajero up at the local servo 456ks returned & filled up at same pump this morning took 46 liters so just about spot 10ltrs/100ks ...

Sat on the speed limit all the way apart from road works through the tunnel walking pace .. prior to the exhaust on a trip like that I'd get about 11.5/100 but that was also prior to the roof rack & awning going on too

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X