• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rath
    • Jan 2019
    • Warrawee, NSW

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
    Are you sure your calculations are correct? (I've never seen such high fuel use in any of my 5 cars from NT to NX) Is you car modified or towing?

Perhaps post your km & litres figures? Are you keeping manual records tank to tank or using the trip computer?

I will be filling up tomorrow and post here on the latest consumption figures.

Comment

• rath
      • Jan 2019
      • Warrawee, NSW

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Urban (stop-start?) driving in a hilly area in an automatic NX with the DPF and taller diffs? Yes, 14-15 l/100km is "getting up there", but I don't see it as being outside the realms of possibility. If I try to drive out of Adelaide's CBD in peak traffic it's not unusual to see high teens reported by the car, it's only as I get further out of town and average speeds pick up that I get back to low teens. If I lived within 10 km of the CBD and only ever drove in peak traffic I'm not sure I'd get much better.

Mine is mostly weekend driving and I have been towards Sydney CBD only a few times.

You are right about stop-start traffic - quite normal to see here. I wonder if 14-15L/100kms is something I shouldn't worry about with such a traffic.

Someone mentioned 7+kmpl fuel economy. The best I have seen is 8.6 on stretch just outside Brisbane.

/RATH

Comment

• rath
        • Jan 2019
        • Warrawee, NSW

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
        I use CEM fuel enhancer and decarboniser in my NT diesel and believe it has improved my fuel economy by approx. 0.5L/100. Based on the value of these additives the cost benefit I feel is negligible. Since running these additives though I've noticed the tail pipe stays much cleaner and I also believe there is a reduced amount of soot out the back during hard acceleration. I plan to continue using these additives.

About 12months after starting to use the above additives I decided to try the AW10 Antiwear in the engine oil and rear diff. I've not been able to confirm any improvement in fuel economy or engine noise.

Benny.

Interestingly I noticed that for a few days after filling up and adding the CEM additives, the engine is definitely quieter. A very rudimentary check shows a decrease of 6-8 decibels.

The noise levels come back up again after a gap of few weeks. I suspect the CRD, FTC don't dissolve with consistency - has anyone else observed such?

/RATH

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

I too have noted that the quieting effects of the CEM fuel enhancer and the decarboniser seem to diminish after a while. Mind you, the car sits for a long time between startups, and invariably it is very cold (winter here), but when it warms up I think it is quieter. Certainly the economy improvement continues, so I don't think there is any deterioration going on. I haven't used the anti-wear stuff, so I cannot comment on that, but the placebo additives in the decarboniser and the fuel enhancer seem to work for me. I even use the decarboniser in my wife's petrol Outlander and she commented on how it seemed to be going better (I didn't mention to her what I had done when I added it to the fuel). Again, placebo effect.... Whatever, for now certainly I will continue to use it.

I think there is value in using it in my Pajero because typically it sits for up to 4 weeks between being fired up, and I like the idea of anti fungal stuff in the fuel (even though the temperatures are close to zero C INSIDE my garage).

Comment

• rath
            • Jan 2019
            • Warrawee, NSW

Originally posted by rath View Post
            I will be filling up tomorrow and post here on the latest consumption figures.

The last consumption came out to be 8.02 kmpl. This was a mix of about 40% driving on motorways and rest in urban areas.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X