Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

No, checked that and it's set to DC.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Some of the variation in current could come if you had opened the car door. The interior lights are activated for s certain period before they extinguish. You may have to leave the window down to access the controls without opening the door.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

[QUOTE=Ian H;624229]So after a week away, I'm still having an overnight power drain on the starter battery.

I've got a new multi meter and disconnected the negative terminal on the battery. I put the multi meter on to Amps and the negative lead on the neg battery terminal and the positive multi meter lead on the disconnected terminal.

It's showing a current jumping around between 03. amps and up to 0.8. It's all over the place and doesn't stay steady at all. So if I assume it's averaging at 0.5amps, that would be enough to cause the drain over time.

I started disconnecting things inside and thought maybe the plug in to the OBDII port would be a good start. It powers the Ultra Gauge and Auto Mate. When I did that, the drain increased ! It was still jumping around but went over 1 amp.

I might disconnect Auto Mate at the box and put the plug back in the OBDII and see what happens but it's got me stuffed. ) Quote

this is exactly what mine does, no change with LU mate, I disconnect the rear trailer ECU, plug near battery , and drop is bugger all now, I haven’t measured yet, also I reckon locking the vehicle reducing the draw as well, I’m back to work on Monday so the vehicle will get used near every day
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
this is exactly what mine does, no change with LU mate, I disconnect the rear trailer ECU, plug near battery , and drop is bugger all now, I havenít measured yet, also I reckon locking the vehicle reducing the draw as well, Iím back to work on Monday so the vehicle will get used near every day
I'm not sure what you mean by the rear trailer ECU plug? Does the rear 7 pin trailer plug have an electronic control in it ? I assumed it was just a straight set of wires.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by the rear trailer ECU plug? Does the rear 7 pin trailer plug have an electronic control in it ? I assumed it was just a straight set of wires.
Nope, there is an ECU in behind the back right panel from memory. The fluctuation you see is what mine does also. On your battery you should see at least 2 wires on their own from the positive terminal. One is for the trailer ECU and the other is for your brake controller (thatís how mine is at least). Start by checking these two wires.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Ok, thanks. So if there's a drain in that ECU which wasn't there before, would it be a faulty unit ? I don't want to have to disconnect it all the time when not towing.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Ok, thanks. So if there's a drain in that ECU which wasn't there before, would it be a faulty unit ? I don't want to have to disconnect it all the time when not towing.
Itís a 3 pin plug behind the LH headlight area, easy to gain access, I donít think itís faulty I just think it has a power draw and I donít use the vehicle often.
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
If you suspect the trailer ecu is draining power why not remove the fuse near the battery and put your amp meter across the fuse contacts. That will isolate it from other leaks. The same could be done for other accessories such as brake controller, uhf radio etc.
Peter
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Good suggestion thanks.

What confuses me now is that this morning, after having the negative lead off the battery all night, the drain wasn't there when I ran the same test linking up the neg lead to the neg terminal. All it showed was 5ma. Maybe the ECU went in to sleep mode after a time without power ??

More testing to be done.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onsan View Post
Iím having the same issue after replacing my MMCS on a Platinum RF amp.
With ignition off, 1.25Aís are being pulled, pull the amp fuse in the engine bay, 0.05A.
I pulled out the mito, disconnect HU side, no change, disconnect the input side, current bottoms out. Testing the wires in the 18 pin molex and 2 wires are carrying 12V with ignition off and disconnected, the DSPD wire and the AMPO wire, both of which go to the RF amp.
Plug it back in and when the amp kicks in, the DPSD wire drops to around 0.5V and the AMPO wire drops to 10V. Turn it off and the voltage peaks again.
Should this wire be live when disconnected?
Could the voltage coming back up mess with the mito by providing power and fooling it into thinking the HU is still on?

Iím thinking of putting a diode in place to see if isolating the mito from power coming back from the amp solves it.
you poor sods. lol
Bloody amp.

So I placed an on and off switch in the cabin to the 30 amp fuse for the amp.
Now problem is solved in an improvised way!

battery full and health and drain is only 20 miliamps