Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 29-05-16

Talking Rich Foamy Goodness

Finally got around to getting myself a foam lance and I wish I had done it sooner. Used 100ml to wash 2 cars and still had enough left over to do another car. Depending on how dirty the car is you can either use it as a touchless wash or you can foam then wash.

With the Pajero I just did a touchless wash (foam, rinse, dry) and I was really happy with the results. The wife's car got the full treatment of foam, wash, polish & wax.

Sunday car wash days just got a lot easier.

If interested the products I got are an Autobrite Foam Lance and Gyeon Q2M Snow Foam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0160.jpg (130.5 KB, 152 views)
Old 29-05-16
Valued Member

It's on my wish list! Need a pressure washer first!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 29-05-16
Valued Member

Come to think of it I got a foam applicator accessory with the Gerni I got last year. Never used it. Maybe I should give it a go. Where did you get the foam?
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 29-05-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
Come to think of it I got a foam applicator accessory with the Gerni I got last year. Never used it. Maybe I should give it a go. Where did you get the foam?

Don't need special "foam." Get yourself 5 litres of RL18. It's a truck wash blue in colour totally harmless to paint.

Truck stops are best place to get it but some independent accessories stores carry it. Check Google.

Supercheap sell their own brand of blue truck wash but I have no idea were it comes from.
Old 29-05-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
Get a lot of stuff from these guys https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/

If you're a bit anal about car care they have just about everything you could want.
Old 29-05-16
Valued Member

I have a feeling that Bunnies sell it
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 10-01-20

Will surely look into this. Thanks.
Old 11-01-20

Haha. Almost 4 years since I posted this.

Iím still using the foam lance. Iíve tried a few different products, including the truck wash, but found nothing works as well as the Gyeon product. Itís more expensive but you use a lot less compared to others, so price per wash works out reasonably.

I also like Autoglym products and noticed that they have a range of foam washes now, so they will be on my list to try next.
Old 11-01-20

Used the polar foam and it's ok. Supposedly Bilt Hamber is very good along with power maxed tfr. They are hard to get though.

Crash486
Old 11-01-20

Bowdens Own products are the go to for me. The Snow Foam works fantastically well. I picked up a Snow Gun for free with Supercheap credits when I purchased a Gerni.

James