• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zigmeister
    • Jul 2018
    • Sunshine Coast Qld

Engine Watchdog Installation

I’ve just finished installing the Engine Watchdog TM4 which will monitor the engine temperature as well as the Auto gearbox temperature. I decided to mount the unit in that otherwise useless box just under the climate controls. The unit was a bit high however by removing the original lid and replacing it with some thinner plastic which fitted inside the frame, it fitted right in. I slid the temperature sensors out through the main grommet on the passenger side firewall and attached them as per the photos. There were existing unused bolt holes in both locations. 6mm on the engine and 8mm on the gearbox. I also fitted a couple of extra cig lighter sockets with their own separate power supply to provide power for my Dashcam as well as the Watchdog. I replaced the original Watchdog cig plug with one that has an internal fuse so I could protect the system with the 1 amp fuse they stipulate. Thanks to Denmonkey for the videos on how to pull the dash to bits. I broke/lost a few of the white clips part number MR402859 but the local dealer had some so it wasn’t a problem. And thanks to all the posters on this site for tips on where to place the sender units and for ideas on power tapping.
    Attached Files
    2014 NW Exceed, 40mm TJM lift, M&H catch can, EGR delete, Engine Watchdog
  • Bungle
    • Aug 2012
    • Perth

Thanks for the part number of the white clips!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X