• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyExceed
    • May 2014
    • Hobart, Tas

NS Exceed with stuff

hi guys

thought it was about time to put up some pics of my paj. ive had it about 18 months and have been slowly adding bits as I could afford it. its no hard core mud machine but ive built it up for the odd mud track but mostly touring and camping.

Its a '07 Exceed (V6 with the 5 speed tiptronic box) with all the bells and whistles. I have added a 2 inch lift, 265/70/17 BFG KM2's with Gecko alloys, xrox bar, HD bash plates, LED spots, LED fog lights, dual batteries, UHF, side awning, cargo barrier, roof racks, tint and a few other bits and pieces. Still to come is a snorkel, winch and sliders/sill protection

I had it out in the mud a few times and she rides pretty well aired down with the 4 wheel independent suspension.

Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

I like it! Well done.
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• MyExceed
      • May 2014
      • Hobart, Tas

Thanks mate, a lot of satisfaction knowing you fitted it all yourself and it's turned out how you wanted it......
      Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• hinsch
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Perth

I like the bar work on the front, not very often you see it on a Pajero.
        I thought about the same but will have to stick with the ally factory fitted for the time being.
        NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• caroma
          • May 2012
          • WA - Pilbara

Very nice, I love the wheels.

How do you go for fuel economy, roughly? Lately i've noticed i am struggling to get 400kms out of a tank...
          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• MyExceed
            • May 2014
            • Hobart, Tas

I haven't run an economy test yet. I don't rely on the dash readout for economy as its all over the place. Ill fill it up on payday and see how it is. I expect it has fallen a bit with the lift, bar and muddies although I have started driving it in tiptronic mode as it ive noticed its a bit slow to change down in D around 50 klm/hr, that'd be due to the slightly bigger tyres I reckon
            Last edited by MyExceed; 12-12-15, 10:38 AM.
            Mark

Comment

• caroma
              • May 2012
              • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by MyExceed View Post
              I haven't run an economy test yet. I don't rely on the dash readout for economy as its all over the place. Ill fill it up on payday and see how it is. I expect it has fallen a bit with the lift, bar and muddies although I have started driving it in tiptronic mode as it ive noticed its a bit slow to change down in D around 50 klm/hr, that'd be due to the slightly bigger tyres I reckon
              Yeah i don't read the economy read-out too often either, but i reset my trip computer last time i filled up. Fast forward to this morning my orange light came on so time to refuel again, trip computer was at 398kms. I then put in 76ltrs.

I'd like to blame my lift but it seems to have been like this for a little while before that went on.

Anyways, love the red. Enjoy your beast
              2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Colski
                • Feb 2011
                • ACT

Mate, looks brilliant, combination of the red and the xrox gives a pretty unique look, I really like it!

Caroma, to compare, I'm getting 16/100 around town - thought the new extractors might make a difference, but nope.....
                NM 02 Exceed 3.5 V6, Dick Cipek FC-IIs 265/75/16, pacemakers, Bilstein/Dobinsons 2" lift, ARB Steel Bar, Tigerz winch, Narva spotties, side steps, GME TX3100, Tigerz awning, Bushskinz front/sump guards

Comment

• Rovingman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Blue mountains

Very nice!!!
                  Pajero NT RX 2011
                  Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                  LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• caroma
                    • May 2012
                    • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by Colski View Post
                    Mate, looks brilliant, combination of the red and the xrox gives a pretty unique look, I really like it!

Caroma, to compare, I'm getting 16/100 around town - thought the new extractors might make a difference, but nope.....
                    Yeah I checked this morning and my computer is telling me it's getting 17L. Have 550km trip down to coral bay for Xmas towing a box trailer so I'll see how that goes. Might have to pack a Jerry Can.

MyExceed, any idea how old your rims are? They don't show up on the Gecko site.
                    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• MyExceed
                      • May 2014
                      • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by caroma View Post
                      Yeah I checked this morning and my computer is telling me it's getting 17L. Have 550km trip down to coral bay for Xmas towing a box trailer so I'll see how that goes. Might have to pack a Jerry Can.

MyExceed, any idea how old your rims are? They don't show up on the Gecko site.
                      I was told that the rims are a new style so that may explain why they aren't on their website. They are 17x8 with a +20 offset which keeps the 265 tyres just inside the outer edge of the guard, wouldn't be 5mm in it, they are pretty close.

I think they have a 88 litre tank don't they, so it's about right that you can only squeeze 76 litres in when the fuel light comes on. I know with mine when the fuel light comes on it still has an easy 15 litres in the tank cause when I fill it right up it only takes about 70 or so litres to fill it.....

I'll run an economy test over Xmas and let you know how it goes....
                      Mark

Comment

• MyExceed
                        • May 2014
                        • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by caroma View Post
                        Yeah i don't read the economy read-out too often either, but i reset my trip computer last time i filled up. Fast forward to this morning my orange light came on so time to refuel again, trip computer was at 398kms. I then put in 76ltrs.

I'd like to blame my lift but it seems to have been like this for a little while before that went on.

Anyways, love the red. Enjoy your beast
                        Mate that calculates out to about 19l/100klms which isn't too bad for a lifted truck with offroad tyres etc etc, I reckon mine will be ballpark there too now with the lift, bar and KM2's, which is OK. It's all relative, I used to have a V8 Discovery and we NEVER spoke of economy in that, just fill it up and drive the hell out of it hahaha
                        Mark

Comment

• caroma
                          • May 2012
                          • WA - Pilbara

I was told that the rims are a new style so that may explain why they aren't on their website. They are 17x8 with a +20 offset which keeps the 265 tyres just inside the outer edge of the guard, wouldn't be 5mm in it, they are pretty close.

I think they have a 88 litre tank don't they, so it's about right that you can only squeeze 76 litres in when the fuel light comes on. I know with mine when the fuel light comes on it still has an easy 15 litres in the tank cause when I fill it right up it only takes about 70 or so litres to fill it.....

I'll run an economy test over Xmas and let you know how it goes....
                          Some new alloys could be on the cards next year then. It's hard to find rims to fit the NS.

Mate that calculates out to about 19l/100klms which isn't too bad for a lifted truck with offroad tyres etc etc, I reckon mine will be ballpark there too now with the lift, bar and KM2's, which is OK. It's all relative, I used to have a V8 Discovery and we NEVER spoke of economy in that, just fill it up and drive the hell out of it hahaha
                          Tell me about it, i had a worked Tickford TE50 that would get about 250kms out of a tank Fuel economy wasn't a discussion to be had back then.

Spoke to the finance minister about an Aux tank for my birthday so we'll see if that becomes a reality. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna go easy on the pedal between now and when we leave for our trip and see what sort of numbers i can get by driving like a nanna.
                          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Brisbane

Nice rig. Very tidy and a good mix of mods.

Will be a very capable touring rig.

Fuel is fuel. Just think of it as an investment in your explorations. I hate using fuel driving to work each day but am happy to use as much as needed when on a trip.
                            NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• MyExceed
                              • May 2014
                              • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                              Nice rig. Very tidy and a good mix of mods.

Will be a very capable touring rig.

Fuel is fuel. Just think of it as an investment in your explorations. I hate using fuel driving to work each day but am happy to use as much as needed when on a trip.
                              exactly mate, if I wanted economy I would have bought a Hyundai
                              Mark

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X