• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Review : "Rear Bar by Raslarr Engineering"

Well more a look at the build, quality & why they don't send the rear bars out for a D.I.Y fit..

1st impressions on arriving at Raslarr Engineers factory is all good nice tidy workshop with things happening!
    After having a chat with Rob I was allowed access to take Pics & generally get in their way while they went about building the bar.

With the Pajero, (Gen 3 on), due to the monocoque chassis & the fact aftermarket Tow bars, Sub Tanks & models with rear Air Conditioning all can effect the way a rear bar is mounted.. So rather than say we only do for some & not others Raslarr only take on the Pajero as a Custom supply & fit in their factory.. After seeing 1st hand the build & fit I understand why!

The cutting begins:

After Cut:

Face of Bar is Lazer cut:

Shaped & Ready for tacking:

Yes your right! 6mm Plate..

Adding Corner piece & bracing:

Time for a trial fit:

Measuring & checking for side:

From the Pics you can see these guys know their stuff the way they go about the business of building these bars impressed me & my cousin Al, (AJS1), who was kind enough to run me around & put me up for a few nights while the Bar was built & fitted. Thanks Al

For those that can have Rear Bars made to order, (Other Makes & Models), & sent out I can say without doubt they take just as much care in the way they Pack & wrap them for transport!

Back to the Fit up!
    It's important to point out here that my Bar was custom made to MY NM Paj normally they would have the rear Bar sitting out further to allow pivots for the swing out arms for 1 or two Spares.. In my case I have no intentions of ever wishing to add later so as Rob custom fits he was happy to cater to what I wanted. In other words if your clear to what you want he will build it ! With in reason of course!

Cleaning up:

On board ready for the Powder Coaters:

Back from the Powder Coaters:

Fitting up Lights:

Bar on Rob Powder coated the rear wheel mount too as I'd requested a work light mount attached to it:
    [IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/gusvin/IMG_3878_zps4890601e.jpg[~original/IMG]

Testing Lights:

Mud Flaps done:

Job Done!

To say I'm happy is an understatement & for those like me who haven't the skill or time to build your own.. I am more than happy to recommend Rob & his crew at Raslarr Engineering..
    (Google them & say Gus sent you )

Al & I fitted the Work light but like to thank Rob for adding S/W & wires while the rear door trim was off!

Gus.

VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

AND..... the most important question....

howmuchizzit ?????

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

Looks great Gus!
      Bit hard to tell from your pics, but is just the two mounting points held on with 4 Bolts in total? I am guessing if we went down the dual wheel carrier path, that some more substantial mounting might be required?

Is it well protected from the sand scooping effect compared to the standard bumper?
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• G Potter
        • Apr 2012
        • Colac

Looks fantastic Gus, trouble is do you do twin spare wheels as well. Then thats a pita every time you want a coldie.
        Very cool mod though.
        Cheers
        Greg

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

MSF: Best you give Rob a call but the Bars themselves start at $1500 + Pivots, Arms + Installation.

stevemc181: In my case the bar uses the tow bar mounts & also 4 bolts across the rear of the Paj.. Have a look at the 2nd pic the "After cut" one you'll see where the old bar mounts from these as well believe me it's solid as a rock.

It may well hit sand but will not scoop it!

Hi Greg, I agree to me on the odd occasion I'd use 2 spares I'd put it up top & I have 150 Litres useable fuel with the sub tank fitted.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by G Potter View Post
            Looks fantastic Gus, trouble is do you do twin spare wheels as well. Then thats a pita every time you want a coldie.
            Very cool mod though.
            Cheers
            Greg
            Not if you have the food fridge mounted in the back and the beer fridge behind the 1st row seats, accessible from the passenger door
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

Steve here's 1 on the back of a Gen 4 with Spare & 2nd pivot point:

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Gus View Post

stevemc181: In my case the bar uses the tow bar mounts & also 4 bolts across the rear of the Paj.. Have a look at the 2nd pic the "After cut" one you'll see where the old bar mounts from these as well believe me it's solid as a rock.

It may well hit sand but will not scoop it!

Gus.
                Certainly looks nice and solid, and a far more elegant albeit dearer solution than the Bushskinz rear bar protector.

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                  Steve here's 1 on the back of a Gen 4 with Spare & 2nd pivot point:
                  Gus.
                  Awesome! Thanks Gus

Comment

• Not Withstanding
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Melbourne

Do you reckon the corners could be brought up any more to maximise the departure angles, if the depth isn't needed for the spare wheel holder pivots?

Comment

• Gus
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Traralgon. Vic

I'd say yes but not for rear Air Conditioning equipped models in saying that I would be asking Rob at Raslarr..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Axis
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • Highett Vic

Looks great Gus, if only I had the $$

Wondering if on a Gen4 they'd do one with no lights if keeping the spare on the door. You'd think it would be cheaper...
                        07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Rich0
                          • Dec 2011
                          • Sydney, South

YESSSS!!!!!!! FINALLLY!!

A good looking rear bar for the NM. That's what I had in mind one should look like. But I never really took to the others. For some reason I really like the idea of cutting the plastic bumper and integrate it opposed to replacing the whole thing.

Great work to all involved.

I'm putting an order in for 2015....
                          2002 NM GLS 3.2 DiD Manual
                          My build thread on the to do list

Comment

• Gus
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Traralgon. Vic

Axis I'm not sure on that 1 as the Face with light cut outs are generic I believe, Laser cut too Give them a ring Robs a great bloke & I'm sure if he can he will..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                              Administrator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • Traralgon. Vic

Rich0 well worth the drive down mate when you book in let Rob know your from here too.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X