Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 10-06-20

Default fan adapter plate

Hi all
does anyone have a fan adapter plate for 4m40 they would like to part with?

cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (81.5 KB, 18 views)
NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor
Old 10-06-20
Valued Member

Have you got one at all to use as a sample to make one? They are just a simple plate I think. Haven't looked at one for a while.

I wouldn't be suprised if 4m41s were the same.

If you haven't got one to use as a sample I could probably pull the one off mine for a sample for you to make one.
Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.
Old 10-06-20
Valued Member

does the petrol use the same part? If so I'll have one here
Old 10-06-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharb View Post
Have you got one at all to use as a sample to make one? They are just a simple plate I think. Haven't looked at one for a while.

If you haven't got one to use as a sample I could probably pull the one off mine for a sample for you to make one.
yes they are just a plate...don't have one as a sample
I can get one from amayama for $13.77 usd plus postage....but too long to get here...lol
NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor
Old 10-06-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco stu View Post
does the petrol use the same part? If so I'll have one here
no they're different...but thanks
Old 10-06-20

I know they're the same diameter as those aftermarket alloy wheel spacers. Cos I used one to space my fan closer to the radiator..

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth'd_up_Mitsi View Post
I know they're the same diameter as those aftermarket alloy wheel spacers. Cos I used one to space my fan closer to the radiator..

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I might have a pair of them that are excess to my needs (grabbed them out of a bargain box without looking at them properly. They didn't fit what I wanted them for).

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll see if they might fit.
Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.
Old 11-06-20
Valued Member

Years ago, I had a Range Rover and its fan clutch was stuffed. I didn't want to pay the price for a new one but bought a Falcon one for about a tenth of the price. Problem was that one was metric, the other imperial. I had a sheet of 2.5 mm copper, and made my own adapter. Very easy to do. You just need to know the exact pitch circle diameters of the clutch and the fan pulley, and then make it out carefully.
Old 11-06-20

Quote:

Hi pharb...any idea on cost? i dont have one...thats the problem ...I'm in traralgon 4 times a week...(bus driver)
Old 11-06-20

Quote:

lol my brother has one...long story ...he collects everything...never owned a pajero ..has an old water pump he stripped from a dumped and burnt out pajero with the plate on it...was just talking to him then and mentioned it

thanks anyway