Clear All
  • peter92
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • maryborough queensland

wanted: frequency for my remote

hi all, i want to get an after market remote for my nl escape 99
    now how would i find out what frequency it uses
    i was going to get one from the usa and they said that it wont work here because the frequency is differant
    regards peter
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58
  • bakerboy
    "valued 3000+ member"
    • May 2008
    • Perth

ah remote? for what? it is likely they were referring to the radios not being on the same frequency range
    If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• peter92
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • maryborough queensland

no, definately emobilsa remote, pickle told me, i would have to find the right frequency for the remote and then buy the one thats right
      regards peter
      bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
      SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• bakerboy
        "valued 3000+ member"
        • May 2008
        • Perth

possibly reword your post then to say you're chasing an immobiliser remote, what brand?

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• peter92
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • maryborough queensland

no i dont need to change the title because seeing they only came out with one remote and if poeple read what im asking im sure they will understand what im looking for. the radio oesnt have one and central locking is on the same remote
          so one remote but i need the frequency of that remote
          regards peter
          SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• goldnugget
            • Jan 2011
            • Qld

I'm not sure how handy a frequency range for remote locking would be for you...you would still need to know the 'exact frequency' your vehicle is programmed for otherwise you will be able to open any vehicle with a similar range.
            You used to be able to get a programmable remote key ring for cars and garage doors from the likes of dicksmith and tandy but for the keyring to 'learn' the frequency you would still need a working unit for the frequency to be picked up.
            Cluey theives picked up on this several years ago and discovered that if they had one of these, they could hang out at shopping centre carparks and have their little programmable remote unit 'learn' nearby keyless entry remotes as shoppers locked their cars to go in and do the shopping (giving them access to people cars and stealing personal belongings etc as well as making it easier to steal the car)...they were only around $40+ at the time, but since the carpark crime wave I havent seen them available over the counter, in saying that I'm sure there are kits still out there.
            Like I said though, youd still need a working remote unit for it to learn the frequency.

Comment

• peter92
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2009
              • maryborough queensland

hi nugget, mm said they can get me one, even thou i lost mine, for a nice sum of $387.00, so they must already no what the new signal code is.what do you recon

regards peter
              SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• bakerboy
                "valued 3000+ member"
                • May 2008
                • Perth

Originally posted by peter92 View Post
                no i dont need to change the title because seeing they only came out with one remote and if poeple read what im asking im sure they will understand what im looking for. the radio oesnt have one and central locking is on the same remote
                so one remote but i need the frequency of that remote
                regards peter
                By the sounds you're saying it's a factory unit and you want an aftermarket remote? Why can't you explain yourself more clearly, get someone who has no idea of what you're chasing to read your first post and then see if they can figure out you're chasing a remote for your immobiliser.

If it's a genuine immobiliser then you would be hard pressed to find an aftermarket one. You do realise that it will be a unique frequency, I mean, what's the point of having an immobiliser if everyone with the same car can start it? Mitsubishi know it because it would be unique to your VIN.

Comment

• gringo
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Harrington Park (Sydney)

Hey Peter 92
                  Why don?t you take a photo so baker boy can understand what you are on about (he?s the only one whit a problem)
                  Regards
                  John

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by bakerboy View Post

If it's a genuine immobiliser then you would be hard pressed to find an aftermarket one. You do realise that it will be a unique frequency, I mean, what's the point of having an immobiliser if everyone with the same car can start it? Mitsubishi know it because it would be unique to your VIN.
                    I agree this is why Mits will know from the Vin #.. Not sure if the 1 for your model is like the NM which you program or sync with the vehicle. So the NM remote's are generic till programmed. Can anyone confirm the NL is the same or not?

Originally posted by gringo View Post
                    Hey Peter 92
                    Why don?t you take a photo so baker boy can understand what you are on about (he?s the only one whit a problem)
                    Regards
                    John
                    I can understand some would get a little confused not knowing the model..

Gus.
                    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• pauld
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Melbourne

The frequency band that is typically used for remotes in Australia is 434 MHz and it is likely (semi confirmed by web searches) that this is the same band used for the Pajeros - NL to at least NT.
                      It is highly unlikely that they would use a unique frequency for every remote within that 434 band (probably not even possible) but the 'syncing part' that is done by the dealer would create a unique digital code for each and every vehicle - or more so, each vehicle probably already has the unique code & the syncing process imparts that into the remote.
                      Even if you sent the US supplier the correct frequency for your Pajero would the new remote be able to 'sync' with the car (given it is not MM) & do they provide instructions on how to do this? I doubt a dealer will do it for you unless you are buying the MM remote.
                      What you could try to do is see if you can buy one through a wrecker & then take it to the dealer to sync.....
                      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• goldnugget
                        • Jan 2011
                        • Qld

hi nugget, mm said they can get me one, even thou i lost mine, for a nice sum of $387.00, so they must already no what the new signal code is.what do you recon

regards peter
                        I reckon Gus would be right...the code would most likely be on a database somewhere or they could have a way of reading it off the car . May pay to find out if its possible to reprogram a second hand unit, but I would think that MM would be highly reluctant to do it (unless you know someone on the inside that would do you a favour).
                        Does the local keycutter (Mr Minit ro something) have a generic one? Maybe pick their brains while you get a cheap house key cut or something and see what they say about how they are programmed and if it can be done without a working unit.

Comment

• Rendrag
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • Central Coast, NSW

Usually, to program a new remote, whether it be for a factory immobiliser, or a third party one, you'll need at least one of the original remotes, so you can reprogram the system to accept the new remote. Bear in mind that you need ALL remotes which you want to have working, as it basically starts the immobiliser/alarm off fresh - so any remotes you don't program at the time, will no longer be able to be used on your car..

The way around this, is to take it back to the manufacturer (or authorised dealer) of the immobiliser/alarm, and they have the procedure for reprogramming the system without the original remote - hence the cost - you're paying for their time, and their knowledge (you know, the old '15 mins of my time, $50, knowing where to hit, $500' joke) for fixing it for you..

If you *have* a working immobiliser remote (although I think you said you don't), just go along to your local key man, and he'll happily take a handful of remotes out to the parking lot, and try to get one to talk to your car.. He'll charge you around $150 for remote and his time.. But if it works, it's cheaper than MM And if it doesn't work, he doesn't charge you

If you don't have a working remote, you either have to go to MM, or find a *compatible* remote, and then find someone who knows the 'no-existing-remote-reprogramming-procedure' for your immobiliser This is why you usually buy a 'spare' remote (so one more than you *need*), and leave it in the drawer in the kitchen with all your other spare keys etc
                          VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
                          Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
                          '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
                          '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• peter92
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • maryborough queensland

thanks every one, what i will do tomoro is go to the dealer and explain my situation and find out what they can offer, i was told that they get the new remote and hook up the lap top to the computer on the paj as i dont have the old remote
                            will post up my findings tomoro
                            regards peter
                            SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• my.paj
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Tullamarine

thanks every one, what i will do tomoro is go to the dealer and explain my situation and find out what they can offer, i was told that they get the new remote and hook up the lap top to the computer on the paj as i dont have the old remote
                              will post up my findings tomoro
                              regards peter
                              Hi Peter, I paid $200 for a genuine one and they programmed it for free took 2min.
                              Rick
                              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X