• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NPS
    • Jan 2019
    • Perth

A few questions from newbee 05 driver

A friendly hello to all of you 👋
    I am new here and also new to the just purchased 05 3.2 GLS auto.
    Could I just ask a few question?
    - It's a 7 seater! How much drama is it to change to a 5 seater to safe rego. It's $800!
    - 280t kms, nothing done to the inlet manifold. What would you recommend to close,
    clean or add (mist filters)?
    - no roof rails, I love to get my own large rack built, for tent and storage behind.
    Has anybody done this in alumnium, yet?
    - Also like to get slim 32" wheels, but where from, and what lift is needed for them?
    - Has drivers man adj. seat. Would the electric. Exceed seat be lower?
    I am pretty tall

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Chris
  • Muzza
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Nsw

Originally posted by NPS View Post
    A friendly hello to all of you ��
    I am new here and also new to the just purchased 05 3.2 GLS auto.
    Could I just ask a few question?
    - It's a 7 seater! How much drama is it to change to a 5 seater to safe rego. It's $800!
    - 280t kms, nothing done to the inlet manifold. What would you recommend to close,
    clean or add (mist filters)?
    - no roof rails, I love to get my own large rack built, for tent and storage behind.
    Has anybody done this in alumnium, yet?
    - Also like to get slim 32" wheels, but where from, and what lift is needed for them?
    - Has drivers man adj. seat. Would the electric. Exceed seat be lower?
    I am pretty tall

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Chris
    The compliance plates would state 7 seat, just leave it, you can remove the rear seats legally as they were made removable

Manifold issue is not a major problem on the NP, and very easy to blank EGR, just remove and block vaccum hose to EGR control

I would recommend a Top timing chain guide simple fit and $20 they are known to fail on Np causing major damage

Under the black trim on the roof are roof hooks, 3 sets, they are good for std roof racks, beyound that be careful as excess can cause they to pull out and crack, the handbook will tell you loaction and max weight

The drivers seat should have height adjustment, no eclectric option

Becareful wth wheeels as the diameter effects the lock up clutch in the auto and will impact on economy

Also be careful with lifting as they as known to pop rear CV joint from diff, mainly earlier Np with excesslift

They are a good wagon, i owned a NP for 11 years
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Keithyv
      Valued Member
      • May 2018
      • Perth

Registration cost difference will be zero if you take the seats out.
      Rego goes on vehicle weight and type so you could take all but 1 seat out and still pay the same!
      2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
      MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• NPS
        • Jan 2019
        • Perth

Thanks Keith and Muzza!

Will take wheel size, roof rack and EBR block in consideration.
        Regarding Rego I find $800 a bit high, especially for WA. I pay only little more for my NPS300 5.2 4 cyl 6ton motorhome. That's why I thought it needs some thoughts.

Thought I could change the seat to an electric one, if it gives me a few more mm head room.
        If there is no wiring harness, I would find a way to connect it. Does the electric seat goes lower?

First will pick it up tomorrow, very exited!

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

FYI, my NX, an official factory 5 seater cost me $920 for rego in October. I'm Perth based.

Good luck on the pickup tomorrow. You will love it.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by NPS View Post
            Does the electric seat goes lower?
            The electric seat in my NP Exceed doesn’t actually go lower – the bit you sit on just sort of tilts so the front of it is higher or lower. I don’t know if it would make a great difference if you want more headroom – compared to the non-electric seat. You have 3 movements options – the one I just mentioned; then tilting the back so it will lie flat if necessary; and finally moving the whole seat forward and back.

I would actually prefer a non-electric seat as it is faster to adjust and also I’ve had problems with the electric motor, which is super expensive to replace.

Cheers

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• geopaj
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Adelaide

Green Monster build a nice roof rack a few years ago.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                Green Monster build a nice roof rack a few years ago.
                off topic: Where is GM these days? It seems a lot of old timers are not logging on and moving on. And a lot are swapping the Paj for other stuff. Is the demise of the Paj coming?? I wonder myself sometimes.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• gemster
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Gold Coast

OMG Sharkcaver, you poor fellas are paying a shocker in rego... Over here in sunny QLD im only paying around $600 for 12months... Paying by weight is not really a fair system...

Gemster....
                  YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                  And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                  ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                    off topic: Where is GM these days? It seems a lot of old timers are not logging on and moving on. And a lot are swapping the Paj for other stuff. Is the demise of the Paj coming?? I wonder myself sometimes.
                    He’s still floating around and recently bought a new NX (I know him in the ‘real world’, as well as online). A business keeps him busier than in the past.
                    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• zoiks
                      • Apr 2016
                      • Brisbane

Interesting you say that. I would have thought weight would have been one of the fairer ways of doing rego.

Comment

• gemster
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Gold Coast

My opinion is, going by weight is very unfair.. Why should you pay more than me if you have a 4x4 with a bulbar and winch? or travel around fully loaded and im not ? Far better on number of Cylinders and type of Car.. Heavy Vehicles are different and are a separate kettle of fish...
                        Hello Geopaj

Gemster....
                        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                          He’s still floating around and recently bought a new NX (I know him in the ‘real world’, as well as online). A business keeps him busier than in the past.
                          Ahhh cool, that's great to hear. Thanks for the update.

Originally posted by gemster
                          OMG Sharkcaver, you poor fellas are paying a shocker in rego...
                          It never used to be that way, but with a once in a lifetime mining boom, then followed up by a hard bust and a Govt that was fiscally irresponsible, it has been steadily increasing over the last decade

At least we havven't gone down the route of privatised CTP like your Southern brethren.....yet!

My Journeys

Comment

• Morville
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Buxton Vic

2012 NW Platinum, $699.90 in Vic. just renewed rego.
                            Peter

Comment

• Aspey
                              • Dec 2015
                              • Great Southern Land

Rego is $816.50 in Melbourne right now, mustn't forget the 50c.
                              It doesnt seem fair that you pay the same amount for rego weather you drive a $250 bucket or a $250k Ferrari.
                              NP VRX DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X