• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jared01
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

What is the Genuine Mitsubishi Brakes Harness used for and is it required

Hello,

What is the Genuine Mitsubishi Brakes Harness used for an is it required?

I want to install a Hayman Reese towbar, modify the trailer plug to fit Jayco Caravan and then install Redarc TowPro Elite.

What I dont know is what this brake harness is used for an if is required or not.

Anyone know?
    Attached Files
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel
  • jared01
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

Reason for asking here is I am trying to get an answer out of the dealer, but thought someone here may already have the answer and been through the same experience :-)
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel

Comment

• Glenne79
      • Aug 2018
      • NSW

When i bought my NX Paj from the dealer I opted for the the MM towbar and brake harness. I asked the same question to the Dealer "what exactly is the brake harness? " the dealer couldn't answer me so i went ahead anyway...
      Turns out it is the fully wired Redarc Tow Pro Elite.

Hope this info helps a bit.
      NX GLX 2016 MY17: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Redarc tow pro elite | Cooper AT3 LT 265/60R18 | Munji EGR | Provent 200 Catch Can | Traction Control Mod | Boos Rear Bumper | Boos Underbody Protection | MM4X4 Automate...

Comment

• ron2503
        • Dec 2017
        • Alex Hills

Originally posted by jared01 View Post
        Reason for asking here is I am trying to get an answer out of the dealer, but thought someone here may already have the answer and been through the same experience :-)
        Hi Jared. The MM tow brake harness is a plug and play unit to go between the car and brake controller. It makes the wiring a doddle because it all just plugs in together and allows the canbus to register that a brake controller is present. Mitsubishi has already done half the work for us and has installed plugs ready for the harness to plug into. The alternative is to run all new wiring throughout the car and hope that the canbus doesn't send random errors. I hope this makes sense.
        2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
        Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
        Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• jared01
          • Dec 2016
          • Sydney

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like I will need the harness then.

Looks cheaper from here: https://www.australianonlinecarparts...r-brake-harnes
          Last edited by jared01; 08-03-19, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• ron2503
            • Dec 2017
            • Alex Hills

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

Looks cheaper from here: https://www.australianonlinecarparts...arness-genuine
            Jared, talk to your dealer. MM now have the Tow Pro Elite and harness as a complete kit. My local dealer supplied the kit and installed for under $700. Some dealers though are reluctant to do it and for the life of me I don't know why.
            2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.

Comment

• ron2503
              • Dec 2017
              • Alex Hills

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

Looks cheaper from here:
              This is a spot light light harness, not for the brake controller.

Edet. Removed link.
              Last edited by ron2503; 10-03-19, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• ron2503
                • Dec 2017
                • Alex Hills

Jared. Did you just receive a private message from me?

Comment

• jared01
                  • Dec 2016
                  • Sydney

Hello Ron, yes I received your message thank you and also replied.

I linked the wrong product above.

I meant this product (I also fixed the above link) https://www.australianonlinecarparts...r-brake-harnes

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Gooday Jared. Might be an idea to delete your post showing the wrong wiring kit....just in case someone sees it and orders it by mistake.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• jared01
                      • Dec 2016
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      Gooday Jared. Might be an idea to delete your post showing the wrong wiring kit....just in case someone sees it and orders it by mistake.
                      I updated my original post with the correct link.

Other posts who quoted my original message, shows the wrong part. Not sure if I delete it if it would deleted the quoted posts.

Should be OK anyway, hopefully anyone who is going to order something, makes sure they read and order the correct part.

Comment

• jared01
                        • Dec 2016
                        • Sydney

Anyone know the size of the fuse in the mitsubishi wiring harness?

I tried to check mine, but upon initial inspection, it does not look easy to open the fuse holder.

Wondering if anyone already knows

Comment

• jared01
                          • Dec 2016
                          • Sydney

Hello,

Has anyone had the "Mitsubishi electronic brake wiring harness" installed by Mitsubishi and then got the Redarc Towpro Elite V3 installed by someone other than Mitsubishi?

If so, are you able to tell where you got the brake controller installed so I can get a quote from them?

I am having a few difficulties. Most places do now know what the mitsubishi Brake wiring harness is used for, others said that a bracket is needed to mount the brake controller unit, but cannot buy the bracket separately, only with the redarc wiring kit.

Comment

• jared01
                            • Dec 2016
                            • Sydney

Finally got a Redarc TowPro Elite v3 installed.

Also got 2 separate circuits run from the battery to the larger pins on the 12-pin plug, being one for the caravan fridge, the other for caravan transformer/van battery. Also 1 circuit connecting to an anderson plug so I can plug my air compressor into the back of the car to pump up the car tyres and caravan tyres.

All up $1000 installed which I think is pretty good.

No can finally try towing the caravan with this new car!

Comment

• DID Dash
                              • Aug 2016
                              • Australia

Enjoy your Tow Pro. I had one fitted to my Pajero Sport before it was delivered. I find it excellent for towing my camper. Huge improvement over the old knee knocker I had in the Challenger. Mine is the factory Electric Brake Harness / Redarc kit. Very happy with it.
                              17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X