• Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Handheld

Aldi / Onix 3 Watt handheld.
    Inside Aldi store in glass cabinet with $99 price on it. Outside glass cabinet same radio but $49.99 price advertised.
    Asked for one and scans up $99 ......but you have it advertised for $49 over there .
    Winner Pickle picks up a 3 watt 80 channel hand held UHF for $50
    Attached Files
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Nice pickup!
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• MatthewP
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2014
      • North of Brisbane

If something scans up wrong it should be free, I would be happy with the half price radio too, but im pretty sure the rules are first one free and any others purchased at the same time are the to be charged at the advertised price.

I have had it happen to me at woolies, I can't remember what it was, it was only something cheap though.

Matt
      05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• arrow
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2007

That might be Woolies policy and not consumer law.

Comment

• arrow
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2007

And, Pickle, were they frantically changing the sign whilst you were paying for your find?

Comment

• letsgoplaces
            • Jul 2014
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by MatthewP View Post
            If something scans up wrong it should be free, I would be happy with the half price radio too, but im pretty sure the rules are first one free and any others purchased at the same time are the to be charged at the advertised price.

I have had it happen to me at woolies, I can't remember what it was, it was only something cheap though.

Matt
            Originally posted by arrow View Post

It is the Australian Scanning Code of Practice, and is voluntary which Aldi haven't (yet) signed up to. Woolies, Coles and IGA's are signatories.

It was brought in when scanning came in , and people were skeptical about being charged the correct price at the checkout as the products were no longer priced with the priceticket.

Originally the code was when overcharged, all products were free. If someone bought one thing and got overcharged, then savvy (or unscrupulous) people would clean out the shelf before the store had a chance to correct the error. That's why the code then got amended to the first one free and subsequent ones to be sold at the shelf price.

Cheers
            John

Comment

• MatthewP
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2014
              • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by arrow View Post
              I just googled it.

If there are two advertised prices, it is illegal for to shop to charge you the higher price.

The Code of Practice for Computerised Checkout Systems in Supermarkets is voluntary.

So they don't have to give you one item free, but they can't charge you the higher price if it is advertised lower.

Edit.
              Beat me to it.
              Last edited by MatthewP; 15-08-15, 02:00 PM.
              05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• amec
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Wamberal

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                Aldi / Onix 3 Watt handheld.
                Inside Aldi store in glass cabinet with $99 price on it. Outside glass cabinet same radio but $49.99 price advertised.
                Asked for one and scans up $99 ......but you have it advertised for $49 over there .
                Winner Pickle picks up a 3 watt 80 channel hand held UHF for $50
                How is it? Battery life?

I have been buying Baofeng 5watt radios for friends and such for about the same price but have to program them. Bought a little over 30 so far.

Saw the radios in Aldi and am curious.
                PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by amec View Post

I have been buying Baofeng 5watt radios for friends and such for about the same price but have to program them.
                  I bought the Baofeng 5W too after reading reviews on here. Works really well and is excellent value. Programming isn't hard and once set you are done.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• amec
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Wamberal

Once you have saved profile it's easy to copy over. There has been a recent firmware change so had to setup a new profile.

One I programmed I ran out of available storage slots for frequencies, he wanted to listen to the RFS everywhere from the NSW Central Coast to the Blue Mountains.
                    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Originally posted by amec View Post
                      How is it? Battery life?

I have been buying Baofeng 5watt radios for friends and such for about the same price but have to program them. Bought a little over 30 so far.

Saw the radios in Aldi and am curious.
                      Only used it for a day so far, was test driving the MQ Triton out at Tallarook and using it out there. Wouldn't say the sound quality is good but didn't have any power problems all day. Wasn't really expecting too much for the price anyway .Good point is the 12 v charger if it did crap out .
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• whitehillbillies
                        • May 2013
                        • Northern NSW.Australia

Baofeng 5watt radios, for $30.
                        I have these radios at work, 6 of them.
                        Cant fault them, Postage was free, $43 each.

whitehillbillies

Comment

• binda
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • rocky

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                          I bought the Baofeng 5W too after reading reviews on here. Works really well and is excellent value. Programming isn't hard and once set you are done.
                          I bought the same one. Its a great handheld but in car charging is a pain.
                          04 NP DiD
                          Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X