• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Selling items on the forum

It has come to my attention that some forum members are selling products in volume on the forum made by themselves for profit. Unless you are a Commercial Advertiser on this forum no other product other than personal items traded or sold through Market Place will be allowed to be sold on this forum unless you have permission of Moderators or Administrators exclusively.
    I have directed Moderators and Admin to review members accounts if they flaunt the request to cease.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • nayala
    • Mar 2013
    • western victoria

uppsss, sorry if I am included on this warning, I just try to help the other members for they need and I don't make any profit for selling the rear bag
    Cheers
    Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nayala View Post
      uppsss, sorry if I am included on this warning, I just try to help the other members for they need and I don't make any profit for selling the rear bag

Wouldn't include you mate. Your doing the forum members a favour and that's what forums are supposed to be for. The betterment of its members. Same as people who have a hobby and help members out. People making a commercial profit should sign up as a advertiser. Don't know how or care much it would cost but wouldn't expect it to cost much at all.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Pickle, out of curiosity, how much does it cost?
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Members are free to discuss products they have bought or seen advertised anywhere - we're not saying that any particular product is "banned" from being discussed here.

We have members who pay to advertise commercially on this forum - this helps to pay the costs of maintaining the forum, rather than falling on the members of the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria.

It's not fair on the paying advertisers if other members advertise competing products without also paying.

To me, there are times that discussing such products enters a "grey" area - is the product being advertised, or advocated? It can be hard to know precisely where the line lies, and whether or not the line has been crossed.

Suggestion: When discussing products that are sold by forum members who aren't commercial advertisers here, it will help to point to off-site advertising / websites / other contact details rather than simply saying "contact ### here".

For example, SPV isn't a member here (that I know of), so discussions about the products refer to Tony's email address. I think it will help if we do the same with all products that aren't from paying advertisers on this forum.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Agree it can be a grey area.. Like Scott says we have no problems with members who have purchased from other members of the forum or talking about a product purchased.. PM any info you like
            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Scouter1
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2013
              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              We have members who pay to advertise commercially on this forum - this helps to pay the costs of maintaining the forum, rather than falling on the members of the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria.
              Has there been any thoughts of offering an Associate membership for the club for interstate / overseas members of the forum? I gain a tremendous amount of value from participating in these discussions, but would struggle to justify paying $135 per year to belong to the club in which I would not be able to attend any functions or trips due to location. I would be happy to pay a lower yearly cost to help defray the costs of maintaining the forum infrastructure.

Cheers,
              Stephen
              Last edited by Scouter1; 30-07-15, 12:36 PM. Reason: typo
              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

OK think we have found a happy medium here with this. I have renamed the forum DIY and Please Explain to Ongoing Projects that benefit members. We already had a DIY forum as it was so a lot of threads will be moved in a week to the DIY forum. The cost to those guys that end up in the Ongoing Projects forum will be zero on the proviso that profit is small, benefits forum members and it is not mass produced.
                Admin
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Onslow
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Perth, Western Australia

Great work Mods, this sort of flexibility and forward thinking is what makes this forum exceptionally good to be a member of
                  NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                    OK think we have found a happy medium here with this. I have renamed the forum DIY and Please Explain to Ongoing Projects that benefit members. We already had a DIY forum as it was so a lot of threads will be moved in a week to the DIY forum. The cost to those guys that end up in the Ongoing Projects forum will be zero on the proviso that profit is small, benefits forum members and it is not mass produced.
                    Admin
                    GREAT solution. Well done!

I've said it before, but THANK YOU to all the modeators and people doing the "behind the scenes work" to keep our forum going!
                    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X