Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Help needed to connect spotties with high beam

Hi all
I have a light bar fitted on the roof, which I connected using some off the shelf wiring harness that has a relay, fuse and connection to the high beam light (using a H11 type piggy back adapter).
Now I just picked up a set of spotties and another set of wiring harness (didn't want to use the same relay and need a separate switch). However because I have already connected to highbeam (left side) now I cannot connect the wiring for spotties to the same high beam. Any idea how can I make the connection?
I have some crazy ideas to order another set of H11 piggy back adaptor from Stedi and connect to the existing piggy back adapter, or cut the new wires to add to a splice on the existing high beam connection (before it connects to the adapter).
For records: This is the wiring kit I picked up: https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/led...-7-lights.html
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

You'll need another adaptor - that kit includes adaptors for H4 and HB3 only.

Connect inline on the left side or right side if you're worried about voltage drop.

Alternately use an add-a-fuse and connect in the fuse box.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Are your new Spotties LED?
If so, I wouldn't think there would be a problem connecting to the same relay as your light bar, those little square relays are usually 30amps.

Just my opinion

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Wire in the new spotties separately with its own switch (as you mentioned youíd like) and for the trigger you could just splice into the existing trigger wire on the light barís harness.

Ie, connect to the same high beam. Itís not running power for the lights, just powering the relay to close. Low draw, two connections on it has been fine in my car for years.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.