Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Why wouldn't the Ivecko Daily 4x4 be a good thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

If it were me i would go truck based.

Isuzu NPS 4x4, mitsubishi canter 4x4, Hino 4x4.

The ride will have to be fixed with a new suspension setup and air suspension seats though.. and youd need a LR or MR but that is easy enough.
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Bru9, all of your posts seem to have a common theme - cost. Some are happy to spend their money, some have not much to spend. I wish I had the luxury of not stressing about money in my life... If the setup cost $20k would you still think it was crap/overkill? What is wrong with people spending their money?
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• El_Freddo
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2018
        • Bridgewater, Vic

Originally posted by Nab View Post
        What is wrong with people spending their money?
        Nothing. The problem is when a conversation with them becomes a “my kit is better than yours” conversation.

I drive a Subaru off-road that’s got 520k km on the clock. Love it and can’t let it go yet.

I too have admired the iveco 4x4 but wonder what it would be like to drive on the open road. I hadn’t stopped to think about build quality or what it could carry, except that it would be more than I’d ever need... and I doubt I’d have as much fun.

That’s the other thing for me about new 4wds. They have all the electronic whiz-bangery to aid the driver. To me that’s not what it’s about, driver ability and enjoyment of the drive is what it’s about for me when 4wdn. The camping bit adds to the whole experience

The Pajero, while a family vehicle atm, will no doubt see some offroad work at some point.

As for payloads, I’ve not seen this discussed so much on any forum - and I think this is an important issue that’s quickly forgotten if ever thought about, especially in the caravan community! I’m also surprised how many people’s cargo builds are so heavy before you’ve even put anything in them!

Cheers

Bennie
        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
          Nothing. The problem is when a conversation with them becomes a “my kit is better than yours” conversation.

I drive a Subaru off-road that’s got 520k km on the clock. Love it and can’t let it go yet.

I too have admired the iveco 4x4 but wonder what it would be like to drive on the open road. I hadn’t stopped to think about build quality or what it could carry, except that it would be more than I’d ever need... and I doubt I’d have as much fun.

That’s the other thing for me about new 4wds. They have all the electronic whiz-bangery to aid the driver. To me that’s not what it’s about, driver ability and enjoyment of the drive is what it’s about for me when 4wdn. The camping bit adds to the whole experience

The Pajero, while a family vehicle atm, will no doubt see some offroad work at some point.

As for payloads, I’ve not seen this discussed so much on any forum - and I think this is an important issue that’s quickly forgotten if ever thought about, especially in the caravan community! I’m also surprised how many people’s cargo builds are so heavy before you’ve even put anything in them!

Cheers

Bennie

Many in the caravan community are only too aware of their rigs illegal weight. To many , ignorance is bliss. Now that the spotlight is starting to shine on them, with coppers now targeting overweight rigs and vehicles, we might see the sensible actually doing something about it. Overweight vehicles are just as common with many happy to break the law and drive around overweight. I recently had to get my ATM raised on my camper as the addition of a tinny and outboard put it just over my legal ATM. It cost about $2000 with suspension mods and engineers report to lift it from 1500 to 1750kgs. Nice and legal and at under 2 tonne, the Paj tows it relatively well. For many glampers out there its all about keeping up with the Jones,s.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• dhula
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • South of Perth

Originally posted by Bru9 View Post
            My only interest with the this was to have a basic canopy, drifta style kitchen with all my gear thrown in the back for a mostly full external basecamp, for times when camper trailers can't be taken. Not even the 79 singlecab can do it. It's grossly outdated 1200KG payload is really only 700+ after the tray & alloy canopy are added.

500kg is one heavy MoFo of a tray+canopy
            Just wondering what is it you want to cart in to the bush or around the country that is going to weigh 700+ kgs?
            2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
            2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X