Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: SA

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Recommendations for Eyre Peninsular travel

We are heading to South Australia in particular the Eyre Peninsular in the next few days.

What are the recommend places to visit for scenery, wildlife (Wombats, haven't seen one up close yet) and birdlife.

Also any good 4WD tracks in this area.

Thanks
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

If you can get a campsite at Memory Cove in Port Lincoln National Park it is well worth the effort especially for a few days if you are self sufficent.
Head out via the Sleaford Wanna Dunes track, it is slighty longer but a great drive.
https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/find-a-p...rotection-area
https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/fi...dc8/066397.pdf
https://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/eyre-...hows-serenity/
https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/files/sh...y-cove-map.pdf

OJ
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Last edited by old Jack; 1 Week Ago at 09:52 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Fisheries bay And Coffin bay used to be great when we were kids but they fixed all the tracks now you can do it in a Jeep
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks Guys, Thanks OJ for the info on Memory Cove. Looks good and we will be going there for sure. We are going to take a look at Coffin Bay. Can't find anything on Fisheries bay except its on the Yorke Peninsula, but can't seem to find a map showing it.
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

Old 1 Week Ago

Eyre peninsula get to Lincoln head for walers way ( ignore that waste of money ) turn off on the right just before walers way sign Fisheries bay,follow dirt road 5ks parking bay/campsite on the left and right over the lump and your on the beach ( not hard my grandmother used to do it in a Chrysler Ranch wagon ) turn left at the water head down to the rocks and camp flat head in the gutter whiting off the rocks salmon just get in the way.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I was going to suggest Googs Track for a bit of sand driving then a circuit through the Gawler Ranges, but given the time of year (heat/dust/flies etc) I think you're better off sticking to the coast.

Any of the detours off the highway to the coast will have your senses working overtime.

Coffin Bay out to 7 mile beach (watch the tides) then Pt Sir Isaac and Sensation Beach is a nice drive.

Central EP is largely broadacre farming but there are a number of parks and reserves where you can squirrel yourself away for a nice time. Again, time of year has to be factored in (including fire danger/bans).
Old 1 Week Ago

@ Drewan, thanks,Found it I think, South of Lincoln but named as "Fishery Bay" on Hema's 150k Map.

@ Kingbrown,Yeah no doubt wrong time of year for Googs, although we have done Googs in March of 2016. Googs lake was full of water and was a impressive site and I reckon that Googs Track is something that everyone should do at least once. Coffin Bay looks good to, added that to the list.