Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

My NX- Magic Happened on the way to Costco!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basil
    • Apr 2012
    • Gembrook

Good to hear.

Cheers,

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by bacon View Post
      Some 2 stroke 'outboard' oils can seperate in diesel 2T dosnt
      Bacon is right. I use the simple Castrol Activ. Basic 2 stroke oil that has been tried and tested by many people. I used it for years in tojo 6 motors. Would shy away from the outboard stuff( it MAY be alright ..BUT..). The outboard stuff may not blend with the diesel and remain in suspension.

We are adding this stuff just for the fuel pump to get some lubricant that is lacking in the diesel fuel. All diesel fuel from various outlets will vary.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• eucyblues
        • Jul 2007
        • Canberra

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        Bacon is right. I use the simple Castrol Activ. Basic 2 stroke oil that has been tried and tested by many people. I used it for years in tojo 6 motors. Would shy away from the outboard stuff( it MAY be alright ..BUT..). The outboard stuff may not blend with the diesel and remain in suspension.

We are adding this stuff just for the fuel pump to get some lubricant that is lacking in the diesel fuel. All diesel fuel from various outlets will vary.
        I use outboard semi-synthetic - Outboard because it (supposedly) doesn't have any zinc additive (tested and claimed to leave a deleterious buildup on injectors). I checked Castol Active and could not find what the 'anti-wear' additives were but 99.5% of std land-based 2T oil contains metallic additives - Outboard oil does not because of environmental restrictions and that in a nut shell is the significant difference between marine 2T oil and non-marine as far as I have been able to tell from copious reading - A Google search will lead you to many recommendations for TC-W3 marine 2T as an additive in diesel both for additive reasons and because marine 2T oil is designed for water cooled engines which run at lower temperatures than air-cooled 2-strokes - ie - closer to our diesel conditions

I'm not saying it's better than Castrol Active or others for this use because I can't prove it, but the facts are in it's favour imo, so I chose it.

Semi-synthetic because that's what was available at the time, and fully mineral or semi-synthetic is claimed by others to be compatible with diesel unlike fully synthetic - someday I'll check some in a jar - until then all seems (very) well
        NX GLS
        "Blessed are the cracked….For they are the ones who let in the light."

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by eucyblues View Post
          I use outboard semi-synthetic - Outboard because it (supposedly) doesn't have any zinc additive (tested and claimed to leave a deleterious buildup on injectors). I checked Castol Active and could not find what the 'anti-wear' additives were but 99.5% of std land-based 2T oil contains metallic additives - Outboard oil does not because of environmental restrictions and that in a nut shell is the significant difference between marine 2T oil and non-marine as far as I have been able to tell from copious reading - A Google search will lead you to many recommendations for TC-W3 marine 2T as an additive in diesel both for additive reasons and because marine 2T oil is designed for water cooled engines which run at lower temperatures than air-cooled 2-strokes - ie - closer to our diesel conditions

I'm not saying it's better than Castrol Active or others for this use because I can't prove it, but the facts are in it's favour imo, so I chose it.

Semi-synthetic because that's what was available at the time, and fully mineral or semi-synthetic is claimed by others to be compatible with diesel unlike fully synthetic - someday I'll check some in a jar - until then all seems (very) well
          I chose the Activ about 10 years ago and have no complaints. After the readings I did I shied away from the TCW3 oils. I,m not saying they are better or worse. I,m just sticking to something I have confidence in. Definitely do not use synthetic..it is not completely soluble. Many scoff at the addition of 2 stroke. Many also thought the world was flat.....
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Peterng
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2013
            • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
            That is good to hear Peter. Was this the diesel conditioner or cleaner? I bought a bottle of CEM conditioner but forgot to fill it when I filled up two days ago. Would there be any benefit for a new car?
            It is the CEM Cleanpower that I am using, it is an Diesel Injector system cleaner I am using.
            When this bottle is finished I will try the CEM Common Rail Delivery cleaner and see how that goes.
            The issues of "Cold Engine start surging" and excess smoke on acceleration have subsided for the time being...a coincidence since I've started using the CEM product? I can't be sure, but I am waiting for the surging and smoke excess to start again, so far they haven't.
            I'm off on a 4000k run in about 3 weeks, so this will be a good test on the CEM product and fuel economy since I started using it.
            Using CEM products on a new car? It couldn't hurt but I would say "check" the fine print of the car warranty, as the manufacturers would fine any reason to void a warranty claim if 3rd party products are used in their products.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X