• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • birdd
    • Mar 2014
    • Bundaberg, QLD

Clear Coat issues on NT Pajero :(

I just found on my 2008 (MY09) NT Pajero this morning as I was jumping into head to work, the clear coat has started to crack on my drivers door.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it getting worse without repainting the whole panel?

It's on the top of the lower molding on the door.
    2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
    MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

That's the problem with two pack clear, the bond breaks down after a few years in the sun, especially when it's been applied at minimum thickness, as happens in the factory..

This is a very short term solution but can help to slow down further degradation. Flick off the clear that's already lifted and then apply a line of touch up clear along the edge with a touch up brush. What you're trying to do is seal the edge so that air and moisture can't get under it to spread the lifting further. It won't stop it forever but it will slow it down a bit.

Eventually you will have to bite the bullet and get it resprayed.
    Chris

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by birdd View Post
      I just found on my 2008 (MY09) NT Pajero this morning as I was jumping into head to work, the clear coat has started to crack on my drivers door.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it getting worse without repainting the whole panel?

It's on the top of the lower molding on the door.
      Correct me if I'm wrong ... but I think mitsubishi paint warranty is 7 years, would be looking that up 😊
      2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X