• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
    Radio stations, bluetooth, etc. have never been reset when I have removed the battery lead on my Gen 4 Pajeros. They use the jumper battery to preserve the ECU & auto trans settings, but in this case we want to reset the ECU.

Never heard of having to touch the leads together on a car to reset the ECU - never had to do this myself & would be wary of doing it with so much expensive electronics connected to it. I certainly wouldn't do it if the car has a second battery or other power source. I simply leave the negative lead off the battery for 5 minutes (as per the workshop manual for many cars).

Some manufactures vehicles when the battery is disconnected for a period of time will loose radio and Bluetooth settings..and to preserve these and ECU trans settings..aux power source is used..commodores were reknown for it..as for holding the neg and pos leads together..sounds weird but is used, besides pulling out the ECU fuse/s for a reset..yes, I would be wary resetting an ECU with the amount of aux items hanging off vehicle circuits these days including the ECU mods available today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ITW
      • Aug 2016
      • Norway

I will try to disable the stability controller with the button, but if it's somthing with the abs it's no way to switch it off.
      But I think it's likely to be somthing electronic because of when you brake at low speed you can feel the brake grabbing and than letting go and than grab again, but not like it's no brake just lighter breaking.

I bought new bushings for the whole backend of the car thinking it was some soft bushing giving away since it was vibrating when breaking, even after I changed the disks and pads.
      But haven't changed them yet.
      My Youtube channel with excavators and repairs
      Youtube.com/minimachines1

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

You can only turn the ASC Off using the dash button.
        To disable the Traction Control system you need to remove the ASCTC relay which is located under the bonnet, in the relay box on the left hand side, towards the rear of the engine bay.
        I am not sure how easy or safe it is to disable the ABS system.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• ITW
          • Aug 2016
          • Norway

Okei could remove it only for testing purposes, just for elimination of where the problem is from.

The strage thing is that in speed the whole car shakes when braking, not shifting on the road but vibrates.
          My Youtube channel with excavators and repairs
          Youtube.com/minimachines1

Comment

• Andrek
            • Oct 2020
            • Tasmania

Originally posted by ITW View Post
            Hi

My 2010 Pajero have some kind of trouble with the braked but I cant find out what.

If I'm driving slowly I can feel the brakes pumping like it's braking and than letting go a little than braking again, and I'm holding the pedal steady.
            If I'm driving with more speed it vibrates and it feels like it's coming from the back of the car, but the whole car shakes when I'm breaking.
            The more I break in speed the worse it gets.

I changed out the disks and pads in the back but no help.
            I thought it could be some bushings but since its at slow speed is almost surging I don't think so.

Any ideas?
            Hi
            Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? My NT is doing the same thing only on the left rear it seems. I tried almost everything. First I put a new wheel bearing in, then new rotors and pads, was ok for a couple of months then the same vibration and pulsing started again, so I had the rotors machined again and replaced left drive shaft with another one and sure enough it started again in a couple of months gradually getting worse. The mechanic who machines rotors said only the left rotor was out by a long way.
            So I’m not sure what else to do with it now 🤷@*$#♂️

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

Now you've got me worried ...

If you look at a thread I started you'll see I finally resolved my issue ...

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=65020

I didn't initially think it was warped disks however machining them fixed the problem.

Now, you say the problem comes back after new/machining your disks, so I'm just hoping I don't eventually get the same outcome.

Cheers

Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X