• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzz
    • May 2019
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
    Yeah, I have them at the brightest setting.
    On a bright sunny day the instruments are just bloody difficult to read, especially fuel and temp gauges. Even the speedo. Just a terrible choice of colour scheme in my opinion.
    I recently hired a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and I found the instruments in that car far superior.
    You have to wonder why it's not identical across the whole range.

try to get some anti-glare tint. I organised something for the dash screen since I didn't experience the gauge's issue yet.
    My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• farcanal
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
      try to get some anti-glare tint. I organised something for the dash screen since I didn't experience the gauge's issue yet.
      Sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean.
      Did you get some sort of tint for the instrument cluster?
      My main beef is the gauge needles (Speedo, tacho, fuel and temp gauge) are dark red with a black border. A simple white needle would be so much easier to see.
      No issues at night, just during bright sunlight.

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Yeah, I have them at the brightest setting.
        On a bright sunny day the instruments are just bloody difficult to read, especially fuel and temp gauges. Even the speedo. Just a terrible choice of colour scheme in my opinion.
        I recently hired a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and I found the instruments in that car far superior.
        You have to wonder why it's not identical across the whole range.
        I've heard others complain of this on the forum starting with the NS, but has me feeling that some aren't aware how. I feel that dash lights during the day when wound up are quite adequate. Are you sure you've adjusted with the head lights off and then with the head lights on ? There is two independent settings for how bright the dash lights are.
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Keithyv
          Valued Member
          • May 2018
          • Perth

I agree about the speedo, I’m used to it now but when I literally jumped out of my Terracan and into the Paj (NW) my 1st thought was how hard the speedo was to read. Not sure why, it’s just poor, something to do with the graduations maybe..
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
            I agree about the speedo, I’m used to it now but when I literally jumped out of my Terracan and into the Paj (NW) my 1st thought was how hard the speedo was to read. Not sure why, it’s just poor, something to do with the graduations maybe..
            I agree the Paj speedo is difficult to read, particularly in daylight wearing polarised sunglasses - I rarely look at it, instead using my Garmin GPS on the dash which is much easier to read, closer to my line of sight & far more accurate.
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• DaKaptin
              • Mar 2012
              • Brisbane, Qld

I liked my NP more than my NX. Both exceeds.
              Seats, hud quality, aircon control simplicity, looks were the big things i feel they went backwards with.

My NP petrol had a MAD extractor back exhaust, and euqally large sound system (im a doof doof person). Sounded insane. bad economy but. Had to go because of reliability concerns regarding mileage at 300k

Nx is quiter (good). Diesel has more torque grunt. MUCH Better economy. Love android auto.
              2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• farcanal
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                I agree the Paj speedo is difficult to read, particularly in daylight wearing polarised sunglasses - I rarely look at it, instead using my Garmin GPS on the dash which is much easier to read, closer to my line of sight & far more accurate.
                I'm glad it's just not me.
                I can't remember my old NP, but pretty sure it wasn't like the NX.
                Hard to fathom why they would keep fitting the same instruments when, clearly, it's an issue (pardon the pun)
                All said and done, the speedo is something that's looked at quite often.
                Maybe I can pull it out and paint the needles white.

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

I'm glad it's just not me.
                  I can't remember my old NP, but pretty sure it wasn't like the NX.
                  Hard to fathom why they would keep fitting the same instruments when, clearly, it's an issue (pardon the pun)
                  All said and done, the speedo is something that's looked at quite often.
                  Maybe I can pull it out and paint the needles white.
                  Or you could try a Head Up Display GPS Speed Display - only about $60 from Jaycar, etc. - also much more accurate.
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• tomlola
                    • May 2010
                    • Brisbane

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the inputs.

I noticed that in the NX wheel arches there is now a kind of conduit/cables protected by a kind of plastic guard... Looks fragile to me. Am I going to have a dud car if a branch / stick goes in there and damage this weak plastic guard and therefore destroy what's behind it? What is it?

PS: I cannot remember if it was front or back wheel arches. I should have taken a pic. My NP definitely does not have any conduit or cables going through the wheel arches...
                    NP MY05 DiD

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by tomlola View Post
                      Hey guys,

Thanks for all the inputs.

I noticed that in the NX wheel arches there is now a kind of conduit/cables protected by a kind of plastic guard... Looks fragile to me. Am I going to have a dud car if a branch / stick goes in there and damage this weak plastic guard and therefore destroy what's behind it? What is it?

PS: I cannot remember if it was front or back wheel arches. I should have taken a pic. My NP definitely does not have any conduit or cables going through the wheel arches...
                      I think you may be referring to the rear air cond pipes inside the RH rear wheel arch.
                      I have only heard of a couple of people having issues with these over the years - can be protected by fitting a stronger cover/guard (but might need to make it yourself).
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X