X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DID Dash
    • Aug 2016
    • Australia

Later models have some soft padded material inserts on the ‘wings’ that the early models didn’t have which make it a bit more comfortable on your legs.
    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• ron.dunn
      • Jul 2019
      • Central Victoria

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
      The front floor console "wings" (MMC call them "garnish") just clip onto the main console body. Not sure how daggy it would look if these were removed?
      May be they could be replaced with an upholstered panel?

OJ.
      My grand plan (assuming it is practical and affordable) is to completely replace the center console. I'd like a "flatter" design, lower than the sloping section housing the gear lever. If that can't be done then replacing the garnish with a roll of leather is Plan-B.
      Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• ron.dunn
        • Jul 2019
        • Central Victoria

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
        Later models have some soft padded material inserts on the ‘wings’ that the early models didn’t have which make it a bit more comfortable on your legs.
        Agree. I've got a 2019, and the padded area isn't as bad as I expected ... just not what I'd like
        Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by ron.dunn View Post
          My grand plan (assuming it is practical and affordable) is to completely replace the center console. I'd like a "flatter" design, lower than the sloping section housing the gear lever. If that can't be done then replacing the garnish with a roll of leather is Plan-B.
          Left field thought, the Pajerp Sport in some overseas markets does not get the 8 speed transmission but the 5 speed auto that is used in the MQ Triton. The Triton centre console is a narrower design and does not have the wing trims. So I am wondering if the Triton centre consoles (fore and aft) would fit the Pajeo Sport.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• bennyb29
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Brisbane

No arguement on the lift up rear door, once you have had one you never want to go back to a side swing door with a spare tyre mounted on it!
            I see a lot of people praising the rear lift up door. However, just wondering why is it considered to be better?

In my use case, I park my car nose in within the garage, leaving space in the front for a shoe cupboard, as well as space to walk through. With this parking arrangement, even if I wanted to get something from the rear of the Pajero without raising the garage door, I am able to open the door a bit and then reach inside, all while ensuring the door doesn't swing open to touch/hit the garage door.

If I had a car with the lift door, wouldn't this be a harder proposition? I don't think I would be able to open the rear door and manage to slide in to get something from the boot.

Wouldn't this be the same even if the car was parked rear facing a wall in a parking lot?

Or am I wrong?
            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

It's not about whether you can access it in the garage and in fact, a lift up might not go all the way before touching the roof of my garage. But when towing anything, a lift up door gives you access to the back whereas the door on my NX will only open half way before hitting the gas bottles on the caravan. It means I can't open the inner drawer unless I unhook or perhaps park on a severe angle.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Peebee
                • Jan 2011
                • South Fremantle

A dealer lent me a PS for the day recently while my 2012 Challenger XLS was being serviced. It had the newer centre console and I found it ok. The original one was probably a deal breaker for me bit I think I could live with the updated version. A few have commented on how important the AWD ability of the Challenger/PS/upspec Tritons is and I have to agree. I'm amazed MMAL don't make more of it in their marketing as a primary safety feature. It's been raining in Perth today and I triggered the ASC which reminded me I'd forgotten to slip into 4H, which I normally do. Once engaged you can't get into trouble no matter how hard you plant it! I'd imagine it would matter even more in an unladen Triton.

Comment

• DID Dash
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Australia

As someone who has had 2 lift up tailgates and lots of side opening ones, advantage for lift up include, easier trailer coupling, full open access when coupled, instant sun shade / umbrella roadside etc. It was the decider in the end at last vehicle change when shopping Pajero vs Pajero Sport.
                  17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
                    As someone who has had 2 lift up tailgates and lots of side opening ones, advantage for lift up include, easier trailer coupling, full open access when coupled, instant sun shade / umbrella roadside etc. It was the decider in the end at last vehicle change when shopping Pajero vs Pajero Sport.
                    As somebody who doesn't tow a great deal, and likes to travel remote areas, two words loom large in my mind: auxiliary tank.
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      auxiliary tank.
                      As in there's one for the Paj but not the Sport ?
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                        As in there's one for the Paj but not the Sport ?
                        Yes & no.

Both vehicles have (I believe) the option of an aftermarket long range tank i.e. a larger tank to replace the factory tank.

Both vehicles can be fitted with an auxiliary tank i.e. a second fuel tank to add more capacity than can be gained by a replacement tank.

For a Pajero, the auxiliary tank bolts in under the floor behind the rear diff.

For a Pajero Sport, the auxiliary tank bolts into the space occupied by the factory spare. So fitting an auxiliary tank becomes a much larger (and more expensive, and more payload-intrusive) task.

For most owners this will never be an issue. But as with most things in life, you don't get something for nothing - yes, a lift-up tailgate is an attractive proposition, but I like being able to load up with 168 litres of fuel.

This trade-off is noticeable in the Toyota Prado catalogue. The "standard" Prado, with its spare on the rear door, has two fuel tanks, for a total capacity of 150 litres. Toyota recently introduced an optional split tail gate, as per the Land Cruiser, which can only be achieved by moving the spare under the rear of the vehicle, as per the Land Cruiser. This version of the Prado only has a single fuel tank (90 litres, from memory). Which is more than enough for most, but not enough for everybody.

Yes, having the spare on the rear door involves compromises, but so too does having the spare underneath.

Neither solution is inherently "better" - it all depends on each owner's priorities.
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

True enough and it's definitely a consideration if I change over. The big draw back on the aux tank, which I have on the NX is that it's in exactly the wrong place for added weight. I've carried a spare jerry on both my last long outback trips and haven't used it once so 146L was ample for me....but it was nice knowing i had it if needed.

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

I have a soft spot for Isuzu having had a 89 LWB Jackaroo for 14 years and 300,000+kms but lack of 4H/AWD rules out a MUX, Fortuner, Trailblazer or any other wagon version of a ute, except for a Everest but I have a thing about Fords!
                            Dual Cab Ute, leaf rear suspension, poor ride comfort and handling, long rear overhang, cost of canopy and associated dust proofing issues, a DC ute is not for me!

I keep on saying the Challenger will be my last 4wd but at 8 years old and 145,000kms it is at "half life" based on my previous 4wds. A Challenger size wagon in a hybrid is the only thing that could tempt me to change in the foreseeable future. So looks like you guys are stuck with me for a while longer, someone has to keep you all inline!

OJ.
                            2019 PS face lift with mods .. nice

2020 possibility

X2 on the above by OJ ( we loves our challenger and with the right suspension and ecu remap goes and does everything we need it to ) getting a ps would be same/same except to go through $$$ to get it to the even close to same spec .. was actually just looking at the new 2 litre bi turbo motor in the Ford Everest coupled with the 10 speed auto ...time will tell on the longevity ...

Although nothing beats a Mitsubishi for pricing & the amount of value on extras you receive ... warranty and service even when that has expired their goodwill still shines .. that is something hard to find with other manufacturers

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Chris4x4
                              • May 2012
                              • Geelong

Leaks on YouTube show the rear lights to be shorter and thicker and it looks better.

Need to see it in the flesh but believe I could live with that.

Back on the list.
                              Might not have to pay Toyo tax after all.
                              2022 Paj Sport, Grey, nicely hidden factory towbar, thanks MM,

Comment

• DID Dash
                                • Aug 2016
                                • Australia

Pics on Car Advice / News also.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X