X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skins2380
    • Jun 2015
    • ACT

Paceman, not sure but I would say it would be a good chance they would. Size is 'T20" that your looking at. Just take out your l/h blinker assembly & have a look at the existing globe. Easy job takes less than 30 seconds. Assembly only held in by 2 Philips head screws. Here is a pic of the old globe & had the numbers 7440 etched in the globe which was really hard to see.
    Attached Files

Comment

• paceman
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2018
      • Mackay

Originally posted by skins2380 View Post
      Paceman, not sure but I would say it would be a good chance they would. Size is 'T20" that your looking at. Just take out your l/h blinker assembly & have a look at the existing globe. Easy job takes less than 30 seconds. Assembly only held in by 2 Philips head screws. Here is a pic of the old globe & had the numbers 7440 etched in the globe which was really hard to see.

Thanks mate... will have a look...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Shogun 2000
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

I have just upgraded my reverse lights in my NS to these. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Car-T...72.m2749.l2649
        2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
          I have just upgraded my reverse lights in my NS to these. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Car-T...72.m2749.l2649
          Shogun, this isn't a dig at you.

I looked at the linked website, and it offends my OCD. Let me give you an insight into my life.

Click the link, look at the pics. Lots of LEDs! How many LEDs?

The description implies 50 SMD LEDs - cool!

The pics show 19 LEDs on the end plate, and a regular pattern of 6 on an indeterminate number of panels. Either way, an odd number of LEDs - not 50.

The number of panels can only be 6 or 7 - but 7 isn't a good number from engineers to deal with, so I'm guessing it's 6. So, 6 panels of 6 = 36, + 19 = 55 LEDs - not 50. But that's OK, it's only advertising and we all know advertising can't be believed. And then a closer look at one of the pics shows a "globe" which has only 4 LEDs per side panel - so isn't the product on offer.

Whatever arrives, I'm sure it will create light, and probably a different light from whatever incandescent bulb that was already in there. But for somebody who is held accountable for accuracy of detail, that web page doesn't entice me to send them money.

But that's just me...
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
            Shogun, this isn't a dig at you.

I looked at the linked website, and it offends my OCD. Let me give you an insight into my life.

Click the link, look at the pics. Lots of LEDs! How many LEDs?

The description implies 50 SMD LEDs - cool!

The pics show 19 LEDs on the end plate, and a regular pattern of 6 on an indeterminate number of panels. Either way, an odd number of LEDs - not 50.

The number of panels can only be 6 or 7 - but 7 isn't a good number from engineers to deal with, so I'm guessing it's 6. So, 6 panels of 6 = 36, + 19 = 55 LEDs - not 50. But that's OK, it's only advertising and we all know advertising can't be believed. And then a closer look at one of the pics shows a "globe" which has only 4 LEDs per side panel - so isn't the product on offer.

Whatever arrives, I'm sure it will create light, and probably a different light from whatever incandescent bulb that was already in there. But for somebody who is held accountable for accuracy of detail, that web page doesn't entice me to send them money.

But that's just me...

I counted 22 on the end plate btw
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post

I counted 22 on the end plate btw

What was I saying about attention to detail?

So if the version with 4 per side plate has 7 plates, that version has 50 LEDs.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• signo1985
                • Sep 2017
                • Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                I replaced my reverse globes with projector led lights. Much better, but an external light would be better again. I will see if I can find what I put in for you. Watch this space.
                Originally posted by Stinky View Post
                I've got both. Projector style led bulbs made a big difference. And then I added a 4" led light bar which I tapped into the trailer plug. Bright as now. Enough light for the reverse camera to work at night.
                Cheers, Mike
                How can you tell if a t20 is a projector or not?
                Also, I do get the difference if we are talking headlights...but does it even matter for reversing light?
                For example, I was thinking of getting this jw speakers https://www.autobarn.com.au/el29309

How do I know if they are a projector globe?

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

One function of reversing lights which ash not been addressed here is to tell others that you are in reverse gear, about to back out of a parking slot. The incandescent bulbs show that (not that well at times), but depending on the design of the LED bulbs, other drivers may not even see the reversing lights and hence may not be aware that something is about to come out into their path.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
                    One function of reversing lights which ash not been addressed here is to tell others that you are in reverse gear, about to back out of a parking slot. The incandescent bulbs show that (not that well at times), but depending on the design of the LED bulbs, other drivers may not even see the reversing lights and hence may not be aware that something is about to come out into their path.

And that is why 99% of the time I reverse into a parking spot. Number of times I have come close to a reversing accident is crazy....especially when a van or dakened window suv is parked next to your blind side. I fitted 2 square led work lights for reversing. One on the roof rack and one on the bushskinz rear bumper protector.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X