• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

It was the first accessory I bought, in fact, as a relative Newb to 4WDing, it was the only accessory I bought with out any advice from the (SA) group that I go with.

One of the blokes I go with has an ARB mounted behind his Spare wheel, & a switch & air fitting on his Spare wheel cover. The best setup I have ever seen.

I use mine on every trip.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

There was a thread at some point highlighting the relatively common occurrence of significant amounts of water being pumped into tyres at servos.

Like many of the other posts I too have used my compressor more than any other accessory. It has a gauge on the hose and it is near hopeless but at least it is consistent enough that I get close and then measure with a reliable gauge from there. About 10min to set up and pump 4 tyres from ~15psi to 40psi.
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
        There was a thread at some point highlighting the relatively common occurrence of significant amounts of water being pumped into tyres at servos.

Like many of the other posts I too have used my compressor more than any other accessory. It has a gauge on the hose and it is near hopeless but at least it is consistent enough that I get close and then measure with a reliable gauge from there. About 10min to set up and pump 4 tyres from ~15psi to 40psi.
        first time I used my external compressor was in summer and I notice water getting pumped out (minimal) queried the shop and they said not to worry ...

if the guy at the servo doesn't dump the water every morning out of the compressor there could be considerable amounts coming out

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• dbdb
          • Aug 2008
          • Adelaide Hills

I had a cheap(er) compressor, and now a pricier ARB one in a case. That and a decent tyre deflator mean that its easy to air down, and air up. My thinking is that if its easy, I'll do it more when needed, rather than push on cause' I can't be bothered. And I use them both, and its easy, and so far I have generally avoided getting stuck in sand, or destroying my tires on rocks. So I reckon it is one of the best bits of kit I have, and has been used heaps.
          14 NW GLX-R automatic, dual battery, Icom 440 UHF, redarc tow pro, Bushskinz bash plates, light bar, Dobinsons suspension, HPD front mount intercooler, ARB bull bar and other stuff.
          04 NP GLX now gone

Pajero Service Manual link

Comment

• Easykill1978
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Melbourne Vic

use mine often, way more confident in it.

i have both a portable twin piston unit and an onboard ARB

i also have an accurate gauge to inflate it as well.
            My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• supazuk
              • Jun 2014
              • Katherine

I use mine a lot, get lots of flat tyres when working and I dislike changing tyres

2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

• caroma
                • May 2012
                • WA - Pilbara

^^ now that's commitment!

Haven't used mine much but when i have its been very handy.
                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by George Whiley View Post
                  We all cough up varying amounts for compressors but apart from the kids bikes and the wheelbarrow tyre I've never used mine, I've dropped the pressure for sand but the servo on the way home seems easier, so do you ever actually use yours?
                  Well George, What's your verdict?
                  2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                  2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                  Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• George Whiley
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Rockhampton

Shows what I know, I haven't been using it when I should be, just lazy I guess
                    2002 NM 3.5 ltr, LPG Auto

Comment

• ausGeoff
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Australia

Originally posted by supazuk View Post
                      I use mine a lot, get lots of flat tyres when working and I dislike changing tyres

Thank god for the "Kevlar reinforced sidewalls" eh? Imagine what could've happened without 'em.
                      2006 Falcon XR8 BOSS 260 ute.
                      1999 NL Pajero GLS, LWB, 3.5 V6, auto, stock std.
                      [SOLD]

Comment

• MSF
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Before you go and use a servo based compressor - check to make sure there is a moisture trap and that you are not puting lots of condensation into your tyres...

To do this - I have a loose tyre valve stem. Before using a servo compressor I connect it to the air line and let it run for 10-15 sec to make sure there is no moisture coming out..

One time I was coming back from Stockton and stopped at a very well attended servo and there was so much moisture coming out that it was like a fine mist of water... - suffice to say I didn't fill up at that servo, but rather waited 20 mins for a mate to finish using his compressor and used that (I didn't take mine with me on that trip unfortunately)

Whilst a little bit won't destroy your tyres or cause too much issue - moisture can cause leaking valves.....

Comment

• stevemc181
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by MSF View Post
                          Before you go and use a servo based compressor - check to make sure there is a moisture trap and that you are not puting lots of condensation into your tyres...

To do this - I have a loose tyre valve stem. Before using a servo compressor I connect it to the air line and let it run for 10-15 sec to make sure there is no moisture coming out..

One time I was coming back from Stockton and stopped at a very well attended servo and there was so much moisture coming out that it was like a fine mist of water... - suffice to say I didn't fill up at that servo, but rather waited 20 mins for a mate to finish using his compressor and used that (I didn't take mine with me on that trip unfortunately)

Whilst a little bit won't destroy your tyres or cause too much issue - moisture can cause leaking valves.....

Yep, I went to our local servo once and it was almost like turning on the water tap
                          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by MSF View Post

Good reminder. I just bought a large from from tool supply company and use that at home. Has a water trap.
                            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Having Fun
                              • Jun 2015
                              • Adelaide

We carry one & use it every time we hit the bitumen on outback trips.

We do 20PSI in the front tyres & 26PSI in the rears on most dirt roads. The tyres on the CT have 20PSI in them also on the dirt.

40PSI all round on the tar.

I stopped playing in mud when I was about 4 years old. If it's muddy, we don't go. If it rains when we're out there, we wait till it dries out.

I enjoy driving in sand, no mess & if you've thought it through, no issues! Pitty that the same can't be said for bulldust wallows lol!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X