• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ColHDT
    • May 2011
    • Adelaide

Jakem Farm SA

Hi All,
    As per recent thread about 4x4 parks in SA i thought i would post a few pics of our recent outing to Jakem Farm up in the Adelaide Hills just off the freeway (literally).
    After meeting at Otto's bakery in Harndorf for a quick bite we headed back onto the freeway and made for the Callington exit. A few km's down Back Callington Road finds you almost on the doorstep to Jason's 4x4 farm. There is a mobile number on the gate to the property to call and Jason comes to meet you at the gate and a disclamier is also signed at this point. Although not a huge property there is most certainly a fair share of steep and muddy challenges on offer, one of which has already caused carnage this morning so we are informed of before we even drop our tyre pressures.........hmmm sounding good. According to Jason one visitor had split a tyre on the hillclimb and he was on his way to assist the guy - we were invited along for a quick guide through the park on the way to helping out his other customers. The property is a operating farm with livestock roaming the paddocks so there is a need to drive sensibly and show respect for this guys property, none the less there is definately plenty of opportunity to flex your muscles on some of the tasty terrain on offer.

Please see just a few pics from our visit on Anzac Day and enjoy. If you are after any more info on the park please drop me a PM and ill send the contact through.

One of the first hillclimbs - photos never to it justice.
    Although both paj's look the same there are two different vehicle - one is mine and the other belongs to my father.

This is Dad in the NJ

And me in the NH

Some mud from the natural spring creek that runs through the property - definately sticky slippery stuff......

The V8 Disco was well fitted out with 35's and all the gear, just note quite enough clearance for the ledge at the end of the bog hole and he got stuck up on his extractors and cross member. Paj to the rescue.....

Stuck like glue though and eventually with a few rocks jammed under the wheels and the torque of the trusty 4.2 Turbo 80 series seen this soggy pom truck released from the mud

Just around the bend from this spot is a fantastic fresh water pool that even has a boat provided to float around in. Jason has equiped this area for campers with a long drop loo and fire pit next to the creek.

There a few places to drop in and out of the creek further down the property and a couple of gullies that have a good rocky run up/down them. All in all this a great little place to head out to for a few hours on the weekend and play, cheap too with entry at only $20. Although not as big as Saunders Gorge or Loveday - this farm has quite a few challenging tracks that will definately put it up there with Rocky Point lookout descent @ saunders and the hillclimbs @ loveday.

Thanks for reading and see you on the tracks..
    Col
    ++++ NH 3LTR 5SPD, MOONROOF, BULLBAR, 180w LED 32" LIGHTBAR, 55w HID & 150w ROOF SPOTTIES, 25LTR WATERTANK, ROOF CAGE, CUSTOM DRIVING LIGHTS IN BULLBAR, MOMO WHEEL, BLUETOOTH AUDIO, UHF, WAECO FRIDGE, SNORKEL, 15x8's ACHILLIES M/T, SIDE AWNING, 20% TINT, UNLTIMA SUSPENSION WITH LIFT KIT COMING ++++
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

Col,
    Thanks for the head up on Jakem Farm (is it Jakem or Jason Farm?). Sounds like the same property that I went to with some of the FNB boys a few years ago but I didn't know that the "general public" could access the property.
    Do you have to make a booking or do you just rock up on the day and hope you can contact Jason? (Could you please PM me his number?)
    It might be a good venue for a Forum day trip too!
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• green monster
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Adelaide

Thanks for posting this up, looks like a beut little spot for a quiet overnighter and so close to home,
      Cheers mate , this ones on the to do list, how about just posting Jason's contact info on her anyway, the forum bunch aren't likely to go pranking him!,,, would be handy to have a number and address in the mobile,
      Cheers cam
      NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• big mik
        • Feb 2012
        • Adelaide

Good to see there's a few more of these cropping up for "day use" I know 4play have one about to open near saunders gorge.
        Apparently this place (Jakem) has been open for a while but mainly on a club basis.
        Like I said good to see more open, excellent news
        1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• big mik
          • Feb 2012
          • Adelaide

The muddy pigs went to Jakem last weekend. Don't know if the Pajero driver is a member on here but you were very lucky with that blow out on that angle!
          Boys brought back some really good piks, and the rain helped the driving element
          1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X