X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THT
    • Nov 2009
    • Sydney

Mil, check on youtube, there are some video showing how to access to the hidden factory service menu for the MMCS. You may find your solution in there...
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

Thanks THT

I have the answer, I just told the MMCS that I had a NT Exceed and bam, problem solved

Comment

• Silver Streak
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide. South Aust.

I know I'm a little slow, but I went out several times to my vehicle, to try this "speech command" thing, with my MMCS, and couldn't get it to work??
        I found out today what the problem was, I was holding down the "speech" button on the steering wheel, while I tried to enter a command?? Well, it wasn't til I read the info on page 78 of the MMCS Owner's Manual, that "holding down" the speech button, will actually cancel the speech mode.....hmmmm??
        Read the instructions lad!!! You never learn, do you??
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• dags260
          • Apr 2011
          • south aust

gday everyone. i have an 11/98 NT GLX, i have upgraded it with a 2nd hand MMCS sert up with camera etc in it. i have just ordered an over ride kit from ozhummer which will be in soon.
          i want to be able to play vids from my iphone on the screen. inthe glove box i dont have the AV jacks. does anyone know if its hard to install them if i get the socket? or is it easier to run jacks directly into the back of the unit?

Comment

Hi Dags,

I suppose the issue will be to get the "module" that has the video socket (platinums) have it. My RX doesn't, I just haven't had the time to pop down to the local Mitsu dealer and ask about the part.

The MMCS doesn't have any AV sockets at the back, so you're out of luck in that department.

Anthony

Originally posted by dags260 View Post
            gday everyone. i have an 11/98 NT GLX, i have upgraded it with a 2nd hand MMCS sert up with camera etc in it. i have just ordered an over ride kit from ozhummer which will be in soon.
            i want to be able to play vids from my iphone on the screen. inthe glove box i dont have the AV jacks. does anyone know if its hard to install them if i get the socket? or is it easier to run jacks directly into the back of the unit?

Comment

• dags260
              • Apr 2011
              • south aust

Originally posted by mil098 View Post
              Hi Dags,

I suppose the issue will be to get the "module" that has the video socket (platinums) have it. My RX doesn't, I just haven't had the time to pop down to the local Mitsu dealer and ask about the part.

The MMCS doesn't have any AV sockets at the back, so you're out of luck in that department.

Anthony

when you say "module" you mean the AV jacks in the glve box? i have them and even the wires that run across to the other side of the car.

while im asking questions does anyone else have probs with the nav system? used mine for the first time properly over the weekend and it was terrible, had to recalobrate constantly, kept putting me in rivers, parallel roads, paddocks etc. was very disappointing. does the override kit from ozhummer help this problem at all?

finally has any genius figured out how to wire up the mmcs to play after market screens in the rear of the car?

Comment

Lucky you Dags,

My RX only has the red+white inputs (stereo) but not the yellow (video).

I don't know if ozhummers kit will help you issue.

Comment

• dags260
                  • Apr 2011
                  • south aust

mine has all 3, but in following the wires that come from there, they go through the dash to a plug in the left kick panel. mine im not sure has that same plug, any tech head able to help out and tell me what wires do what? or where i need to feed them?

Comment

• Faereag
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
                    mil098 also said: You're a LEGEND Rory

You're not wrong!!!!
                    Where'd you get all that info from Rory?? Did you go out every night for a week to "talk" to your MMCS??
                    I'll have to take a printed copy of all those commands and go out and have a "Chat" myself.

[edit] Hmmm, just had a thought, and I had better have a look, because the next thing you're going to tell me is....."have a look at your manual!!!"
                    Hi Tony - been off air whilst on holidays in Tasmania. I did a quick scan of the manual for Milo thought it would be useful as a quick print list for any interested party rather than referring them to manuals. I certainly used the printout to assist with changes whilst on the move in Tassie and apart from one or two minor hiccups the MMCS was brilliant (eg roadwork changes after V16 finalised). I did find that to make voice commands effective - you need to pause for about 3 seconds after pushing the talk button and use a clear and fairly deep voice to get it to respond accurately - this gets around most of the manual commands being barred whilst on the move. If this process was not followed it would sometimes place random POI categories on the screen. The junction mode on command is very good in multi-lane highway situations.

On a separae note I was very impressed with the Kuhmo tyres in the wet. I had read a report that they were rubbish in the wet - this could not be further from the truth - we got caught in the flooding around St Helens and water was everywhere but the tyres were exceptional - it rained pretty much everywhere in the south west on the trip. Have only done 3600ks on them so it is early days but they proved to be very good off road except for the mud.

While the MMCS would take you to an off road reference - you could not see any screen detail - used Memory Map on my Netbook with a generic bluetooth GPS locator for all the offroad stuff and this proved to be very accurate and informative.
                    Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• freebeer
                      • May 2011
                      • Hillside, Melbourne

Agree?

G'day guys,
                      Is there a way to turn off having to press "Agree" on the MMCS everytime I turn the thing on... small issue but annoying none the less.
                      NT Exceed - MY10, Warm White, Petrol - Dual battery system w/- Piranha tray, Century NS70T deep cycle battery & Redarc BCDC1220, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, Great Whites 12 LED bar, Bush Skinz rock sliders and bash plates x3. HID upgrade to high beam, Rhino roof racks, awning.
                      To do list includes 50mm lift with Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks, long range fuel tank, front (and rear?) air locker, Deluxe bull bar and winch.

Comment

• Dammy
                        • May 2011
                        • Brisbane

Pajero Exceed 2011 - voice command on mmcs

Having read a lot re voice commands what's, the final re voice commands relatingbto making phone calls? I tried to do the voice training bit, tried to train it with thebtraining phrases etc. No joy. Am I wasting my time? Is this supposed to work?
                        is, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers...

Originally posted by mil098 View Post
                        Hi Guys,

I though I might start this thread for MMCS owners to ask questions and get answers.

Not so much in regards to technical information I know there are a few threads that already have that info.

I'll start.

I recently installed a MMCS into my RX (bought it 2nd hand).
                        Works like a charm however I cannot seem to get the MMCS to display a night map when it's night (shock horror I know).

I have checked the clock settings (switched from 24hr to 12hr and back)
                        the map settings have been toggled between AUTO -> DAY -> NIGHT and back again.

It always displays the Day colours/map which is too bright for night time driving.

Anyone with an MMCS can you verify that the changing from day / night maps work?

Also anything else I might have missed when I've been trying to troubleshoot?

Cheers

Anthony.

Comment

Hey Dammy,

I'm very sure that voice commands for phone calls do not work.
                          I used to have the standard 6 stacker that came with the RX and I could use voice commands for making and receiving phone calls. The second I put the MMCS into the car all voice commands for phone calls stopped working.

Somewhere in my reading of Mitsubishi's website I recall a blurb saying that voice commands are lost if you have the MMCS.

Comment

• Dammy
                            • May 2011
                            • Brisbane

Thanks Anthony, thats a real bugger then. It works for the satnav part...
                            Cheers
                            Dammy

Comment

• THT
                              • Nov 2009
                              • Sydney

Just had another check over the MMAL website, they have now stated that the USB connectivity port in the glove box will be remove once the head unit is upgraded to the MMCS. And both VRX/Exceed varians will not come with USB connectivity port as they have MMCS as standard option.
                              When I last spoke to the dealer they quoted over $450 to order the USB cable and some sort of black box (could be a DAC box) for the MMCS. As this is a very expensive option to add so I spoke to a few car audio installer and they reckon we can get away with using the Parrot BlueBox Bluetooth system plus the specific wiring harness from Parrot for the MMCS.
                              PDF of wiring diagram here:

The Parrot setup would cost under $300 from Ebay and it's certainly a cheaper option than the ~$450 kit from MMAL.
                              Parrot MKi9200 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                              PC000057AA eq ISO Mitsubishi GrandPajero,Lancer,Pajero http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT
                              Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
                              Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

• Silver Streak
                                Valued Member
                                • May 2010
                                • Adelaide. South Aust.

You often wonder where the MMC technicians in Japan are coming from sometimes?? You add/get an upgrade in your vehicle, MMCS in this case, and it's one step forward and many steps backwards, it seems??
                                MMCS should have all the latest and greatest technolodgy available at the time, which would be at this very moment, USB, iPod connection, and a better than average SatNav system. Not what they are dishing up ATM.
                                Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                                Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X