Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Which auto oil? ATF SP-III or ATF-PA?

I did some research today on costs and oils as I have to do a service on the auto in my 2012 Auto diesel NW Pajero. I have read on here that there were questions on whether you should use ATF SP-III or ATF-PA as people have gotten conflicting information from MM dealers. My local MM dealer sent me screen dumps of their computer for all fluids.

Rather than repeat what I found - check this link on the Gen 4-4 page and look at the bottom of the first page: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=65116

The simple answer is:
  • Before NT Pajero (Jatco transmission) - use ATF SP-III - They also have an auto dipstick
  • NT - NX Pajero (Aisin transmission) - use ATF-PA - They have no auto dipstick
Old 5 Days Ago

Default ATF oil

Gidday Edzhere,
How much are the dealers charging for the ATF-PA down there. I bought three 4 litre bottles of SPIII some time back and paid $120 but I had an NM at the time and while I still have the oil I'll have to chase some PA
thanks Andy
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Andy View Post
Gidday Edzhere,
How much are the dealers charging for the ATF-PA down there. I bought three 4 litre bottles of SPIII some time back and paid $120 but I had an NM at the time and while I still have the oil I'll have to chase some PA
thanks Andy
Hi Andy. No idea, I try not to go near MM unless it's a last resort. My car is way out of warranty so I do all of the services myself.

$40 for 4 litres sounds like a reasonable price.