Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
Thanks everyone for all your assistance. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Iím confident it was a good purchase. Annoying dash rattle far left of dash at certain speeds but will sort that out and could potentially get it fixed under warranty.

Rear cargo light isnít working and itís not the bulb. Also the rear park light wasnít working when it was in my driveway but when I got to a relativeís place it was suddenly fine. Maybe a loose connection. Will need to suss those out. Everything else electric wise works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
regarding the rear cargo light, I had the same issue. when i pulled the light out , active the wire was disconnected. my theory was that the police had something else connected up and when they refurbished it to sell to public they forgot to connect this back up.

also found all sorts of odd wiring under centre console that had been cut and again I guess there must of been other electronics connected up when it was a police vehicle.

otherwise super happy with decision to buy one of these!
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crofty11 View Post
regarding the rear cargo light, I had the same issue. when i pulled the light out , active the wire was disconnected.
Thanks mate. When I had the auto electrician install an Anderson plug before my trip I mentioned it to him and he found the prob in 5min and saved me the hassle. But exactly same issue as you describe. Seems a common thing on ex cop cars.
The only extra wiring Iíve found so far (and Iíve been under the dash and under the centre console to install UHF and Lock Up Mate) was a leftover aerial coax terminal that had been cut off and left in the firewallís engine loom wiring rubber sleeve with 10mm of wire still on it lol.
Also replaced the damaged glossy black stereo surround for $60 from a wrecker and now interior is almost as good as any privately sourced vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk