X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • N i c k
    • Nov 2015
    • Australia

No need to worry everyone, option 2 worked out. Also installed a line converter and subwoofer at the same time. Now ordering a Bluetooth decoder board to go with it.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
      • May 2017
      • Freo ish

Originally posted by N i c k View Post
      No need to worry everyone, option 2 worked out. Also installed a line converter and subwoofer at the same time. Now ordering a Bluetooth decoder board to go with it.
      Pre not knowing you had solved the riddle yourself this is what I got for you for reference. This is my glovebox. I would be loving an adapter for usb and micro usb right now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• N i c k
        • Nov 2015
        • Australia

They are out there somewhere, but USB is a dying technology. You'd be best adding a Bluetooth audio receiver to your RCA http://s.aliexpress.com/iq6ZJRzy
        Forget about video - just use your phone.
        I'm adding a Bluetooth receiver but in the form of a circuit board, with microphone and Sd card inputs etc.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
          • May 2017
          • Freo ish

Food for thought

Comment

• N i c k
            • Nov 2015
            • Australia

For anyone in the future, in the same position as me..

Add RCA, a sub and a Bluetooth decoder/receiver:

Sounds great. Factory cardboard speakers are well tuned to the factory MMCS and by turning the low frequency gains down and by adding a subwoofer, the sound is actually really good.

To add RCA/Aux to MMCS without them already:
            Simply follow the directions for non MMCS head units as posted on this website, its really quite easy. I've attached photos that another member has posted (in red writing, mine in white) to help.
            Then (if wanted) purchase a Bluetooth receiver from Aliexpress and plug into RCA/Aux. Note that there are PCB receivers that may need some soldering skills but have microphone inputs that you can then relocate to near the steering wheel, also have SD card inputs etc.

You will also need to activate the Aux input mode for the MMCS to recognise it has Aux input:
            Do this by grounding the black wire labelled in the photo. Mine did not have a wire or socket in the plug. Instead, I just threaded a piece of wire into the hole of the plug so that when it was connected to the MMCS, the pin on the MMCS touched the wire and the wire was then grounded to the black wire next to it. I hope this makes sense.

Whilst you're at it - add a line level converter to convert the front to speaker channels to a low frequency RCA for a subwoofer. I bought mine from Jaycar but they are less than $10 online. Wire in your line level converter the same as the pictures. It works great and I can turn the stereo up louder than my ears can take - without distortion

Hope this makes sense.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by N i c k; 24-07-17, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
              • May 2017
              • Freo ish

Nice work

Comment

• 85L200Express
                • Mar 2012
                • Tasmania

Originally posted by N i c k View Post
                For anyone in the future, in the same position as me..

Add RCA, a sub and a Bluetooth decoder/receiver:

Sounds great. Factory cardboard speakers are well tuned to the factory MMCS and by turning the low frequency gains down and by adding a subwoofer, the sound is actually really good.

To add RCA/Aux to MMCS without them already:
                Simply follow the directions for non MMCS head units as posted on this website, its really quite easy. I've attached photos that another member has posted (in red writing, mine in white) to help.
                Then (if wanted) purchase a Bluetooth receiver from Aliexpress and plug into RCA/Aux. Note that there are PCB receivers that may need some soldering skills but have microphone inputs that you can then relocate to near the steering wheel, also have SD card inputs etc.

You will also need to activate the Aux input mode for the MMCS to recognise it has Aux input:
                Do this by grounding the black wire labelled in the photo. Mine did not have a wire or socket in the plug. Instead, I just threaded a piece of wire into the hole of the plug so that when it was connected to the MMCS, the pin on the MMCS touched the wire and the wire was then grounded to the black wire next to it. I hope this makes sense.

Whilst you're at it - add a line level converter to convert the front to speaker channels to a low frequency RCA for a subwoofer. I bought mine from Jaycar but they are less than $10 online. Wire in your line level converter the same as the pictures. It works great and I can turn the stereo up louder than my ears can take - without distortion

Hope this makes sense.
                I've got a 2009 NT with rockford and rear roof mounted DVD player. It already has got a rear RCA jack which barely works. I can just hear sound through very bad distortion. I'd like to add an RCA jack in the glove box so I can use a bluetooth receiver. Do I just follow the steps in the images that are in your white writing? I also would like to get the rear RCA jack to work...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X