Below Nav Bar

Collapse

MMCS (Rockford Fosgate) upgrade - who's done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

MMCS (Rockford Fosgate) upgrade - who's done it?

I have reached the point where I have had enough of the crap MMCS unit and looking to upgrade it. Now I've read every thread I could find on the subject and it's doing my head in.

I've got a 2012 NW with the Rockford Fosgate system and would like to keep the speakers, amp, sub and steering wheel controls with only the head unit being updated. The only one I can find is the Dig Options Masten Android unit but the reviews aren't that good.

So has anyone successfully updated to another unit such as Kenwood, Pioneer, etc...?

Edit: it must also incorporate the existing reversing camera.
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti
  • jacrus88
    • Apr 2011
    • SA

How did you go with your Upgrade? Did you wire it up yourself or use a Aerpro style harness. I'm doing mine at the moment and have purchased Aerpro harnesses x 4 and I am flat out trying to figure out how the hell you get 4 harnesses with similar plugs into 1 factory harness! Did you have the Map / Rockford version of MMCS ?

Any tips?

Thanks,
    Rusty

Comment

• Nathan1000
      • Jul 2019
      • Auckland New Zealand

Just throwing some information in in case its needed for anyone in the future. Been a bit of a challenge sorting out a new head unit for a late 2006 super exceed ex Japan.

Has MMCS J-02 unit with nav, rockord fosgate 12 speakers with amp.

I thought I needed a Mito-02 adapter but turns out I need a Beatsonic DSA-04. NZ $410!! I was originally quoted $600.

Who knows why Mitsubishi changed their set ups so many times but its a real pain in the arse.

Comment

• 2bad4u
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by jacrus88 View Post
        How did you go with your Upgrade? Did you wire it up yourself or use a Aerpro style harness. I'm doing mine at the moment and have purchased Aerpro harnesses x 4 and I am flat out trying to figure out how the hell you get 4 harnesses with similar plugs into 1 factory harness! Did you have the Map / Rockford version of MMCS ?

Any tips?

Thanks,
        Rusty
        I gave up as it all got too hard. Spoke to a car stereo place who could upgrade to a Pioneer unit but the total cost was $1300. I like my music but not that much.
        Warren
        2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
        2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Nathan1000
          • Jul 2019
          • Auckland New Zealand

Just to update on above. This info is for those who have late 2006 / 2007 NS Pajero ex Japan. MMCS with navigation and Rockford Fosgate 12 speaker system.

The adapter needed to run the factory amp is the Beat Sonic DSA-04. Others use the Mito -02.

Note - I didnt use camera adapter as I installed a new one.

Once you have the adapter connecting the wires up is relatively straightforward. It looks super complicated but one wire at a time following the instructions it is doable for the amateur.

I found a ground point using one of the existing bolts to the metal frame that sits behind the head unit.

I bought a new surround off ebay for about $30 which is easy to swap over from the original.

At the same time I replaced the reverse camera. This was the hardest part. A real mission running the wires through the rubber gommets in the rear door and through to back tail light. Had to remove rear door panel and side panels which I really didnt want to do. The camera cable was run through these then up and slipped inside the roof lining rubber.

The head unit required a trigger wire for the reverse camera. I found the info on this site. It sits in the centre console coming out of a large white plug located on the left by the 4wd selector. The wire is the 3rd in from the left and is red/green in colour - slightly thicker than the others.

The info on this site is so good- thanks for sharing everyone.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X