• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turtlee
    • Apr 2013
    • Western Australia

Originally posted by GOSSAMER View Post
    Tutlee
    By the time you buy spacers and fit them then you will decide you want shocks, then you will work out you should have bought springs, you will need a wheel alignment when you fit spacers and again if you fit springs you might as well buy a whole suspension kit My dobinson kit complete with pre assembled struts came in at around $900 and im happy with it so far..
    I was just gonna choose spacers , than I thought about springs only . It was only gonna be one of them . Your right though. :/ . Did the kit give you 2"? And where did you order from?
    Cheers
    MY13 NW Pajero GLXR 3.2 Turbo Diesel
    Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • doncaster east vic

i went the +180kg springs in the rear, i run no constant load but do tow a heavy camper and i went the 50-110kg in the front i have no Bar but figured i may need the extra height to match the rear. My car went up 65mm given the old ones had sagged a bit its probably about the 50mm mark (805mm from center of wheel to guard lip i think from memory) i will check it again when my car get home as its in for a service at the moment.
      http://www.kpd4x4.com/ I dealt with Rob via email
      Being a member of another Forum i got a discount but im sure if you tell him your from here and i (Jason) put you onto him he may give you a good price. I picked up directly from Dobinson and fitted myself. I just check my invoice and 4 springs, shocks and new top bits Pre assembled it was less than $900
      Given your in WA maybe contact the local Dobinson dealer first
      Back from the Dark side
      NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Turtlee
        • Apr 2013
        • Western Australia

Update

Hey guys. So I finally changed my tyres, and in the end ended up with LT 275/70/17 AT Hercules terra trac. Fits perfectly with the factory bullbar.

And I got to say it's great much more comfortable over bumps ,
        Gave me some extra clearance. Tyres itself are good . Not noisy and grippy in the wet. Rained 10mins after fitting .

Cheers
        Attached Files
        Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

• Turtlee
          • Apr 2013
          • Western Australia

Front
          Attached Files

Comment

• Turtlee
            • Apr 2013
            • Western Australia

Side

Comment

• matty.hanz
              • Nov 2015
              • Melbourne

How did you go fitting the spare? Any issues?
              Tug - 2011 NT RX 3.2 DID Auto, HR TBar, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, 2" OME Lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 265/70R17, SPV Mod

Coming Soon - Bushskinz, Exhaust, Tune, plus more.

Digs - 2015 Aussie Jay's "Crusher", 2x 120Ah Full River AGM Bats, BM Pro Bat Monitor, Noco Genius 7200 Charger, 160w Folding Solar, 60lt Engel.

Comment

• Turtlee
                • Apr 2013
                • Western Australia

Well the Hercules are 817mm, they just fit perfectly apart from the hinge on the right side of the carrier whe. You close it rubs, but I put tyre shine and stopped rubbing just slides . Gave me a noticeable lift as well which I'm happy about .

Performance wise didn't notice any loss of power as I drive in tiptronic 99% of the time ?, haven't measured fuel consumption yet either .

Comment

• Turtlee
                  • Apr 2013
                  • Western Australia

Update fuel economy

Fuel went up just a little bit .
                  Got 718kms from 75.21litres.
                  So 10.47/100km

Previous without the bigger tyres
                  Was 10.20/100km so pretty happy and worth it imo.

Comment

• KPJero
                    • May 2019
                    • QLD

Originally posted by Turtlee View Post
                    Side
                    Can you post a side pic of the entire vehicle...

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hercules Terra Trac AT2 in LT 275/70R17 are only a 6ply tyre with a load index of 114 so these are not a heavy duty tyre.

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X