• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _jp_
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Adelaide Hills, SA

Fire extinguisher mountain bracket by Kap Industries

I needed to mount a fire extinguisher in the Evo and had heard good things by other Evo owners about the bolt-in brackets made by Kap Insutries.

I saw they recently released a bracket to suit a Gen 4 Pajero so purchased one for each vehicle to save on shipping. I had a 15% off voucher which made me pull the trigger. I also like supporting the little guys where I can.

Both the Evo and the Pajero brackets were a perfect fit. Just have to undo the front 2 seat bolts, slip the bracket on and fasten the bolts again. 5 minutes work at worst.

There is plenty of clearance for the seat to slide forward and the build quality of the brackets are great.

This is ideal for those looking for a quick solution for mounting your fire extinguisher without fabricating a bracket yourself or having to drill any holes in your car.

Here's a photo of the bracket installed in the Paj.
    Attached Files
    NW GLXR - SOLD
    --------------
    EVO 6 TME
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Thanks for posting. I've been looking for something like this for my GT Falcon running an after market E85 fuel system. Once you start playing with fuel systems an extinguisher is a must in my opinion.

Benny.
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Pajero12
      • Dec 2015
      • Adelaide

This had me interested also. Though not sure how much money I'd throw away to buy one of these...

I think $71.50 is a little too much for that
      NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
      MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• _jp_
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
        I think $71.50 is a little too much for that
        It took me a while to cough up the cash, but I no longer have access to a welder nor have much time to get our in to the shed these days. The combined shipping and discount code helped make up my mind.
        NW GLXR - SOLD
        --------------
        EVO 6 TME

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

I'm happy with mine and at least it's not taking up room in the back. They are a professional looking unit.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X